1. I will make farmer a king, says Telangana CM KCR : Chief minister and Telangana Rashtra Samiti president Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao assured that he would make Telangana an ideal state in agriculture sector and would make the farmer a king.
2. K Chandrashekhar Rao re-elected as TRS president for record eighth time : Telangana chief minister K Chandrashekhar Rao was unanimously re-elected as the president of the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi(TRS) for a record eighth time on Friday.
3. Hyderabad: CRDA CEO, director get HC summons over demolitions : Stating that the dream of the people of AP to have a beautiful city like Singapore as their capital will be destroyed due to the official lethargy in implementing the provisions of the CRDA Act in letter and spirit, Justice Challa Kodandaram of the Hyderabad HC on Thursday directed the CRDA CEOand director to be present in court on April 27 at 4 pm to explain reasons for the unusual number of cases being filed by individual house owners in the capital region.
4. Telangana refuses info to RTI activist on Mecca Masjid blasts case : The Telangana government has refused to give a copy of the Bhaskara Rao Commission inquiry report to a right to information activist, citing a section of the RTI Act which exempts disclosure of certain information.
5. Hyderabad: Cyber hub accidents highest since 2015 : Accidents in the city's IT belt has shot through the roof in recent times. The latest figures available with the Cyberabad traffic police show that the total number of road accidents in March, this year, touched 319 -highest since 2015.
6. Passenger train derails in Karnataka; no casualty reported : Four coaches of Aurangabad - Hyderabad passenger train derailed between Kalgapur - Bhalki stations in Bidar district of Karnataka in the early hours of Friday. Railway authorities have put the time of derailment at 1.50 am on Friday.
7. Telangana, Andhra Pradesh cops battle for credit in UP terror module bust : In an unusual situation, Telangana and AP police on Thursday got into a game of one-upmanship, both claiming they gave the 'invaluable input' that helped the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), in a joint operation with police units of several states, bust a pan-India terror module.
8. Hyderabad: 23 warehouses with deadly chemical stockpile sealed : Inspectors of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) sealed 23 illegal warehouses in Subhash Nagar and Quthbullapur on Thursday for selling solvents and acids to chemical factories.
9. World Wars and Osmania University's tryst with Demonetisation, cash crunch : Osmania University, which is celebrating its birth centenary on April 26, withstood two World Wars.Though the princely state of Hyderabad felt a financial pinch during the wars, the Nizam VII, Mir Osman Ali Khan, a faithful ally of the British, ensured his mega academic dream called Osmania University did not suffer the least.
10. Emergency stamped out copying in exams, but gagged women's voices : The state of Emergency between June 1975 and March 1977 had its impact Osmania Universitytoo. The clampdown also had a silver lining for Osmania, which completed its "shastipurthi" (60 years). With the university emerging as a hotbed of Leftist activities there was a sudden crackdown on the campus.
1. Prayers offered at Nellore dargah for Naidu : Leaders and activists of the Telugu Desam Party Nellore unit offered prayers at the Bara Shahid Dargah here at Dargamitta as part of Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu’s 67th birthday celebrations.
2. State will give free medical aid to the poor : Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N. Chinarajappa has said that the State government was ready to give free medical aid to all the poor either in the government or corporate hospitals.
3. CM to blame for stampede : Appearing before the Justice C.Y. Somayajulu Commission for the third consecutive day on Thursday, the main deponent, Muppalla Subba Rao, in his submission said that the Chief Minister was responsible for the stampede at the Pushkar Ghat during the Godavarai Pushkarams on July 14, 2015.
4. Cyber labs will be set up in all districts: DGP : Director-General of Police N. Sambasiva Rao on Thursday said that the government would establish cyber labs in all the districts to effectively tackle cyber crimes.
5. Five T.N. pilgrims injured : Five pilgrims belonging to the same family were injured – one of them seriously – when the vehicle in which they were travelling overturned on the second ghat road about five km from here.
6. CM to inaugurate mega call centre today : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu will launch a mega call centre that is going to receive feedback from the people on the government’s welfare programmes at Guntupalli on Friday.
7. SCR tops in punctuality, earnings : The South Central Railway has earned the coveted top spot among all zones in terms of punctuality and passenger earnings during the financial year 2016-17.
8. PM, Union Ministers greet Naidu on Twitter : Birthday wishes poured in on the Twitter handle of Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu who was celebrating his 68th birthday on Thursday.
9. TTD e-darshan counter closed in Karimnagar : The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam’s e-darshan online booking counter opened to provide darshan bookings and cottage bookings has been closed down at TTD Kalyana Mandapam in Karimnagar since Wednesday causing serious inconvenience to the pilgrims visiting the temple shrine.
10. Anantapur wrong choice: Roja : YSR Congress MLA from Nagari R.K. Roja has found fault with Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu for celebrating his birthday in Anantapur district.
Actor Navdeep to be quizzed today in Hyderabad Drug Case Hyderabad sources have stated that Telugu actor Pallapollu Navdeep is scheduled to appear on Monday before a special investigation team (SIT) of the Telangana government, which is investigating the case involving a high-end drugs racket, which was busted here earlier this month.Currently a Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Prohibition and Excise department had summoned a dozen personalities from the Telugu film industry or Tollywood, for questioning in connection with the case.
- Pakistan National been arrested on charges of drug peddling
- IGNOU plans to set up dedicated learning support centers for Transgender students
- India's 13th President leavesPresidenttoday!
- Delhi's Air is totally toxic
- Class 10 Rape victim delivers a baby in school toilet
- Will Mahesh Babu accept Jagan's plan???
- Anganwadi workers allowances doubled
- All celebrities stand together with Women's Cricket team
- 18,920 Police Department vacancies to be filled in Telangana
- Teacher of Government school caught for impersonating his spouse in TET Exam
- Exclusive: Theatre owners seek government protection cover for Indu Sarkar release
- Chandrababu Naidu faces heat from Dalits in the state
- Pawan Kalyan puts all his efforts for Uddanam kidney disease patients
- Telangana Wildlife Board approved SRDP project
- Ram Gopal Varma's next Target is Akun Sabharwal - Telangana Govt reacts !!