Just a few months ago the Indian It companies and policy makers were grappling with a record low exchange rate. Now rupee rate is rebound which causes unexpected fresh problems.
The currency has jumped to 5.6 percent so far this year. This will tamp down the inflation but it poses a challenge for the earnings of Indian exporters. For IT companies who are already contending with the H1B visa problem, it is yet another headache.
TCS India’s IT firm was taken aback by the rupee rebound says its Chief Executive officer Rajesh Gopinathan. This actually poses a threat to the companies that garner most of their earnings overseas.
The list of companies which experience this threat are Tata, Infosys, and Wipro which get more than 90 percent of the revenue from abroad. The drugmaker Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd and Lupin Ltd revenues above 70 percent.
Iftar at Rashtrapati Bhavan; SAFFRON PARTY Central ministers skip The current President Pranab Mukherjee hosted his last Iftar party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, on Friday ahead of the celebration of Ramzan. Despite receiving invites to attend the iftar dinner organized at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, not even one in the BJP-led government at the center attended the dinner iftar party hosted by the President.
- Is his bike rally a blackmail?
- RAJINIKANTH should not ENTER POLITICS his FINANCIAL FRAUD WILL BE LEAKED !!
- Power Star to shock T-Tiger
- Petitioner tells 95.1% of the people possess Aadhaar, enrollment figure stood at 115.15 crore
- Infosys PAYS 65 LAKHS FOR VISA MISUSE CASE!!
- Are they behind Jagan's decisions
- Natasimha creates sensation in Hindupur
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath to get 8 Special Officers On Duty
- SHOCKING: Terror attacks in Mecca was averted
- A Deputy Superintendent of Police was stoned to death by a mob as he protected Umar Farooq
- TS, AP Roundup June 23
- NAIDU SAYS DONT USE MY ROADS AND DONT BUY MY PENSION
- India, World Roundup June 23
- Kovind files nomination papers with Modi
- Indian Army gives shock to Modi