Just a few months ago the Indian It companies and policy makers were grappling with a record low exchange rate. Now rupee rate is rebound which causes unexpected fresh problems.
The currency has jumped to 5.6 percent so far this year. This will tamp down the inflation but it poses a challenge for the earnings of Indian exporters. For IT companies who are already contending with the H1B visa problem, it is yet another headache.
TCS India’s IT firm was taken aback by the rupee rebound says its Chief Executive officer Rajesh Gopinathan. This actually poses a threat to the companies that garner most of their earnings overseas.
The list of companies which experience this threat are Tata, Infosys, and Wipro which get more than 90 percent of the revenue from abroad. The drugmaker Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd and Lupin Ltd revenues above 70 percent.
BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already A Powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 has struck the Pacific Ocean near New Caledonia. This has happened after a series of small magnitude earthquakes. A small Tsunami is already observed and now there has been an Official warning with respect to some major Tsunami waves.
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case