1. CBI raids premises of P Chidambaram and son Karti over Indrani-Peter Mukerjea firm : Former finance minister and senior Congress leader P Chidambaram and his son Karti Chidambaram were on Tuesday raided by Central Bureau of Investigation after the agency registered a case against Karti, Peter Mukerjea and Indrani Mukerjea, two private companies and unknown officials of ministry of finance for alleged corruption and criminal conspiracy for FDI approval (Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approval) for INX Media Pvt Ltd.
2. Targeted for being critical of the govt: Chidambaram : Former Union finance minister and senior Congress leader P Chidambaram on Tuesday slammed the government over ongoing CBI raids at his and his son Karti Chidambaram's premises, saying that every FIPB approval granted or denied during his tenure was processed as per law.
3. Three years of Modi sarkar: Riding on PM's popularity, BJP is in an expansive mood : Prime Minister Narendra Modi appears to be in fine political fettle at the end of three years in office. He has had an emphatic win in Uttar Pradesh, successfully weathered all criticism on demonetisation and is today clearly the most popular leader in the country.
4. Pushing back against China's One Belt One Road, India, Japan build strategic 'Great Wall' : India and Japan are together embarking upon multiple infrastructure projects across Africa, Iran,Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia in what could be viewed as pushback against China’s massive, unilateral infrastructure initiatives under the One Belt One Road(OBOR) project connecting it with Europe and Africa.
5. Three years of Modi sarkar: As Amit Shah aims to get more parties in NDA, BJP’s ties with allies remains a worry : BJP chief Amit Shah has made it clear to party workers that there is little room for complacency after resounding victories in recent polls, embarking on a 95-day tour to reach out to people in areas where the party does not have strong political presence.
6. I-T dept raids Lalu Prasad Yadav's associates in Rs 1,000cr benami deals : The Income Taxdepartment on Tuesday carried out raids at 22 locations in Delhi-NCR on companies and people associated with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in connection to benami land deals worth Rs 1,000 crore.
7. DGCA proposes to double airline Commanders' notice period to a year : In a reversal of stand, the aviation authorities have now proposed to hike the notice period of airline commanders from six months to a year.
8. Triple talaq matter of faith for last 1,400 years: AIMPLB to SC : The All India Muslim Personal Law Board(AIMPLB) on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that triple talaq has been observed by Muslims for last 1400 years and questioned the Centre for calling the practice un-Islamic.
9. More than 700 ransomware cases surface across India : Quickheal's customer care has fielded more than 700 calls from across the country to deal with computers infected by ransomware.
10. China-made hi-tech 'spy' drones seized in Bengaluru : Ten drones that can fly at 6,000 metres with a half-kg payload and are equipped with an advanced satellite navigation system were seized from a passenger at Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru, last week.
1. Hillary Clinton launches new political action group : Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has launched a new political action organisation to fight against US President Donald Trump's agenda and raise funds for five prominent progressive groups.
2. Trump revealed intelligence secrets to Russians in Oval Office: Officials : US President Donald Trump disclosed highly classified information to Russia's foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation during their meeting last week, two US officials with knowledge of the situation said on Monday.
3. French President Macron appoints centre-right PM to widen appeal : France's new President Emmanuel Macron named Edouard Philippe, a little-known centre-right mayor, as prime minister today, in his first major decision since taking power on a promise to lead a French "renaissance".
4. China's new Silk Road promises trade and riches, with President Xi Jinping at helm : Chinese President Xi Jinping and 29 other heads of state on Monday reaffirmed their commitment to build an open economy and ensure free and inclusive trade, under the ambitious Belt and Road initiative led by Beijing.
5. North Korea: New long-range missile can carry heavy nuke : South Korea: North Korea on Monday boasted of a successful weekend launch of a new type of "medium long-range" ballistic rocket that can carry a heavy nuclear warhead.
6. Malaysia seizes 330 exotic tortoises from Madagascar : Malaysian authorities said on Monday that they have seized 330 exotic tortoisesfrom Madagascarworth 1.2 million ringgit ($276,721), in the latest heist of illegal wildlife and animal parts being smuggled into the country.
7. Pakistan Airlines crew detained, searched in London over 'security threats' : Fourteen crew members of a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight were detained at London's Heathrow Airport and later let off after the aircraft was thoroughly searched for over two hours post-landing.
8. Beijing plans to turn Pakistan into its economic colony : China's longterm plans for Pakistan would do the East India Company proud. Proposals for theChina Pakistan Economic Corridor revealed in Pakistani newspaper Dawn envisage thousands of acres of agricultural land being leased to Chinese enterprises to set up demonstration projects and a fibre-optic system that will facilitate the dissemination of Chinese culture.
9. UN report slams ‘opaque’ Pak military courts; Let civil courts try Jadhav-like cases, says panel : Even as India has gone to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), terming thesentencing of Kulbhushan Jadhav by a Pakistani military court as "premeditated murder" , the United Nations has come down heavily on the military courts system in Pakistan, lack of independence of military court judges who are within military hierarchy and the practice of holding "closed trials".
10. China hit by cyber virus, Europe warns of more attacks : The WannaCry "ransomware" cyber attack hobbled Chinese traffic police and schools on Monday as it rolled into Asia for the new work week, while authorities in Europe said they were trying to prevent hackers from spreading new versions of the virus.
Complaints fly to Election Commision from TDP and YSRPC!! Complaints are pouring from both the parties to the election commission.TDP MPs K Narayana, K Nani alleged that the election commission was in favour of YSRPC was purposely staying dumb on election code violation. They complained that voters are canvased with cash.
- Voting in Nandyal rally remarks Provocative, Goa CM confident at winning Panaji bypolls
- 19 AIADMK Legislators met State Governor
- Jagan first EXPERIMENT WITH PRASHANT KISHORE??wil it work??
- Is Ramakrishna support is for YSR Congress Party in Nandyal by-election??
- Nandyal records its all time high vote rate!!
- KCR has yet again proved his public speaking skill
- Will Naidu put these into Modi EARS!!
- Why McDonald's shuts down 169 outlets in North and East India?
- Atlast the Nandyal battle is over!!Polling is over !!
- To promote peace, A Punjabi named his 2 sons as Bharat and Pakistan
- Why Chiranjeevi as a Politician surprised many on his birthday???
- Attention of people diverted towards other new sensational news
- Nandyal will be the beginning of the end for TDP
- Ex- MLA booked for thrashing Businessman
- FIR to be filed on Jagan for GUNSHOOT SPILL