1. Dharna Chowk mayhem: Sparks fly, violence rules : The Dharna Chowkturned into a battleground on Monday morning after thousands of protesters, opposing the state's move to shift the site out of the city, clashed with a group of people supporting the government's decision.
2. GHMC's 2nd attempt bombs, illegal building still standing : A week of strategizing after the botched implosion of an illegal building at Guttala Begumpet, GHMC's four-hour operation with 17.25 kg explosives and 169 detonators again blew up in its face.
3. All 73 municipalities will be made ODF by year-end: KT Rama Rao : Municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao has directed all 73 municipalities in the state to become open defecation free (ODF) by the end of December and also ensure that every household in the municipality has one individual latrine by June 15 next year.
4. Hyderabad High Court seeks report on efforts to trace boy missing after wedding : A vacation bench of the Hyderabad High Court, on Monday, directed the state of Telangana, its DGP, Rachakonda police commissioner and Bhongir police to file a detailed affidavit on the efforts they made so far to trace a 24-year-old man who has been missing since May 2, 2017.
5. Mission Bhagiratha pipeline gets wildlife board assent : In a much needed boost for the over `40,000 crore Mission Bhagiratha project, a flagship programme of Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, the National Wild Life Board on Monday gave approval for laying of 100-km accumulated length of water pipeline through nine wildlife sanctuaries in Telangana.
6. Chorus grows for Telangana cabinet expansion : Pressure is mounting on chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao to rejig his cabinet ahead of the state formation day on June 2.
7. Cops in mufti draw battlelines at ground zero : The state government's move on Monday to muzzle cries at Dharna Chowk by unleashing cops in civvies to take on protesters was clearly exposed.
8. Centre alerted Telangana, Andhra Pradesh about ransomware attack threat : The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (ICERT), that falls under the Union ministry of electronics and information technology and tracks cyber security incidents, is learnt to have sent an alert to officials of the IT departments of Andhra Pradesh and Telanganaabout the possibility of the ransomware attack five days back.
9. Government offices with pirated software cyber-vulnerable : Shocking as it may sound, it is not just some small and mid-sized companies that have been using pirated software, many government departments in the state too have been using unlicenced versions of server operating systems, including Windows 2003 server operating systems that has been the worst affected in the latest ransomware attacks across the globe.
10. Amaravati to soon become city of future : The Singapore consortium (Ascendas-Singbridge and SembCorp), master developer for the start-up area of AP's upcoming capital Amaravati, is of the view that the new capital will be a city of the future.
1. Ports development spurs economic growth : Calling for a fillip to infrastructure development, Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal said the development of ports along with roads and railways would help boost economic growth in the country to a larger extent.
2. Dalit’s suicide bid for 'Ambedkar auditorium : A 23-year-old Dalit youth caused a flutter by allegedly attempting suicide by consuming some poisonous substance in front of the Collectorate here on Monday. D. Vamsi Vivek, who was reportedly upset with the “'inordinate delay” in the construction of an auditorium after Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
3. Chief Minister owes an explanation: Roja : YSRCP MLA R K Roja on Monday demanded Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu to reveal the circumstances that allegedly forced him to remain inaccessible in New Delhi for more than six hours soon after his return from the U.S.
4. AgriGold: GO issued for ex gratia payment : The State government, in order to pay compensation of Rs. 5 lakh for each AgriGold depositor or agent who committed suicide, has passed a GO (MS No. 80 dated 12-5-2017) for the payment of ex gratia.
5. Rs. 800 cr. shipped from one single account from a bank : The alleged Rs. 1,600-crore money laundering case took a new turn with Visakhapatnam Commissioner of Police T. Yoganand stating that Rs. 800 crore was shipped as outward remittances to foreign destinations from one single account in a public sector bank located on Netaji Subha Chandra Bose Road in Kolkata in 2016.
6. Jana Sena forms Seva Dal : Jana Sena Party (JSP)’s Seva Dal came into existence on Monday. Its objective is to serve the people, JSP president and actor Pawan Kalyan said in its maiden central committee meeting in Hyderabad. On the occasion, he released a 10-point code of conduct to be followed by every party worker.
7. Jagan: Will stall Assembly to highlight neglect of farmers : The YSR Congress Party is going to stall the one-day session of the Assembly, convened to ratify the GST Bill on Tuesday, to register its protest against the Telugu Desam Party government’s failure to institute a Rs. 5,000-crore fund for stabilising the prices of agricultural produce, party president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy said on Monday.
8. Indian contingent in Singapore IMR : Warships from around the world gathered at Changi Naval Base on Monday as Singapore hosted its first International Maritime Review.
9. Foundation stone for corruption: Congress : A foundation stone has been laid for the biggest corruption scam in the history of the State, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee general secretary P. Suribabu has said. He was referring to the foundation stone laid for capital start-up at Mandadam here on Monday.
10. Intensify field-level checks : South Central Railway General Manager Vinod Kumar Yadav on Monday called upon all the zonal and divisional officials to intensify field-level checks focussing on signal, loco diesel and mechanical failures for improving train safety and punctuality.
Iftar at Rashtrapati Bhavan; SAFFRON PARTY Central ministers skip The current President Pranab Mukherjee hosted his last Iftar party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, on Friday ahead of the celebration of Ramzan. Despite receiving invites to attend the iftar dinner organized at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, not even one in the BJP-led government at the center attended the dinner iftar party hosted by the President.
- Is his bike rally a blackmail?
- RAJINIKANTH should not ENTER POLITICS his FINANCIAL FRAUD WILL BE LEAKED !!
- Power Star to shock T-Tiger
- Petitioner tells 95.1% of the people possess Aadhaar, enrollment figure stood at 115.15 crore
- Infosys PAYS 65 LAKHS FOR VISA MISUSE CASE!!
- Are they behind Jagan's decisions
- Natasimha creates sensation in Hindupur
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath to get 8 Special Officers On Duty
- SHOCKING: Terror attacks in Mecca was averted
- A Deputy Superintendent of Police was stoned to death by a mob as he protected Umar Farooq
- TS, AP Roundup June 23
- NAIDU SAYS DONT USE MY ROADS AND DONT BUY MY PENSION
- India, World Roundup June 23
- Kovind files nomination papers with Modi
- Indian Army gives shock to Modi