Chennai sources have stated that Many buses continued to remain off roads with commuters forced to opt for other modes of travel, as the indefinite stir by ten transport unions in Tamilnadu entered the third day yesterday and the state government said it had so far held five rounds of talks with the unions on a range of issues, including pending post-retirement benefits, and added that there is "nothing more that it can do".
Meanwhile when seeking to reassure the public, the government said there was no need for concern as buses would be back on the roads soon. It was stated that with ten transport unions affiliated to various political parties, including DMK and left-wing outfits, participating in the strike, many buses across the state remained off roads.
Immediately the officials came up with alternative plans to clear the rush
with private buses pressed into service in Chennai and other parts of the
state, where temporary drivers were also being deployed to ferry passengers.
In Chennai, people were still seen using alternative modes of transport such as the suburban train service, Metro rail, auto rickshaws, share autos and taxis. Some commuters complained of overcharging by auto rickshaws and share autos. Southern Railway is also operating extra services connecting Chennai besides increasing the number of trips on the suburban routes in Chennai.
WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call San Francisco sources have reported that according to sources, a popular website that checks Beta versions in development, in the new Android update, WhatsApp is developing a new button that will allow to users to quickly switch from voice to video call without stopping the voice call in progress. The feature is seen in WhatsApp beta for Android 2.17.163 version, it tweeted on Thursday. The recipient, however, will be able to reject the upcoming video call if he or she wants.
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors