Chennai sources have stated that Many buses continued to remain off roads with commuters forced to opt for other modes of travel, as the indefinite stir by ten transport unions in Tamilnadu entered the third day yesterday and the state government said it had so far held five rounds of talks with the unions on a range of issues, including pending post-retirement benefits, and added that there is "nothing more that it can do".
Meanwhile when seeking to reassure the public, the government said there was no need for concern as buses would be back on the roads soon. It was stated that with ten transport unions affiliated to various political parties, including DMK and left-wing outfits, participating in the strike, many buses across the state remained off roads.
Immediately the officials came up with alternative plans to clear the rush
with private buses pressed into service in Chennai and other parts of the
state, where temporary drivers were also being deployed to ferry passengers.
In Chennai, people were still seen using alternative modes of transport such as the suburban train service, Metro rail, auto rickshaws, share autos and taxis. Some commuters complained of overcharging by auto rickshaws and share autos. Southern Railway is also operating extra services connecting Chennai besides increasing the number of trips on the suburban routes in Chennai.
Did TDP bribed Congress for splitting votes in Nandyal?? Nandyal sources have stated that the ruling TDP is hatching a conspiracy to split the votes of those opposing its policies in the ensuing Nandyal by-election, said YSRCP general secretary Bhumana Karunakar Reddy on Monday. Meanwhile, when speaking to media persons here in the town as part of the election
- New Member joins YSRCP party
- 20 Year Old Hyderabad beautician is missing - Eloped?
- J&K students booked for not standing for National Anthem in Hyderabad Theatre
- Hyderabad Police plans to geotag all Ganesh Pandals to prevent untoward incidents
- Heavy rain likely to lash Telugu states
- Virat Kohli irritated with this video !!
- YSRCP President questions about TDP's Poll Promises
- This Indian kid has stunned the British channel
- Another train disaster began due to negligence in UP Train Crash
- Shipa Mohan collapses Jagan plan in Nandyal
- India has become an entertainment piece for Chinese media!!
- Death Penalty sentenced to 10 people who plot to assassinate PM
- AIADMK merged: OPS takes oath as Deputy CM
- Agriculture Leadership award for 2017 bagged by KCR
- Has Rajinikanth given Green signal for joining politics??