Chennai sources have stated that Many buses continued to remain off roads with commuters forced to opt for other modes of travel, as the indefinite stir by ten transport unions in Tamilnadu entered the third day yesterday and the state government said it had so far held five rounds of talks with the unions on a range of issues, including pending post-retirement benefits, and added that there is "nothing more that it can do".
Meanwhile when seeking to reassure the public, the government said there was no need for concern as buses would be back on the roads soon. It was stated that with ten transport unions affiliated to various political parties, including DMK and left-wing outfits, participating in the strike, many buses across the state remained off roads.
Immediately the officials came up with alternative plans to clear the rush
with private buses pressed into service in Chennai and other parts of the
state, where temporary drivers were also being deployed to ferry passengers.
In Chennai, people were still seen using alternative modes of transport such as the suburban train service, Metro rail, auto rickshaws, share autos and taxis. Some commuters complained of overcharging by auto rickshaws and share autos. Southern Railway is also operating extra services connecting Chennai besides increasing the number of trips on the suburban routes in Chennai.
Why Harish Rao conducted 12 hour non-stop meeting??? According to sources, the first time in the history of Telangana and also in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh, Telangana Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao has created a record of sorts. Sources have stated that the minister conducted 12-hour long non-stop meeting with the officials of Irrigation officials and reviewed progress in the construction of ongoing irrigation projects as well as pending land acquisition.
- Ram Nath Kovind takes oath as the President of India
- China repeats India must withdraw soldiers over Sikkim border
- 60 lakh worth Gold Biscuits seized near Rameswaram
- Bail Rejected - What is Dileep's next move?
- Charmee scared to face SIT ??
- Man held for raping a mentally challenged girl
- KTR got wishes from all quarters as he turned 41 recently
- Why Revanth Reddy seeks support of Pawan Kalyan???
- Actor Navdeep to be quizzed today in Hyderabad Drug Case
- Pakistan National been arrested on charges of drug peddling
- IGNOU plans to set up dedicated learning support centers for Transgender students
- India's 13th President leavesPresidenttoday!
- Delhi's Air is totally toxic
- Class 10 Rape victim delivers a baby in school toilet
- Will Mahesh Babu accept Jagan's plan???