Chennai sources have stated that Many buses continued to remain off roads with commuters forced to opt for other modes of travel, as the indefinite stir by ten transport unions in Tamilnadu entered the third day yesterday and the state government said it had so far held five rounds of talks with the unions on a range of issues, including pending post-retirement benefits, and added that there is "nothing more that it can do".
Meanwhile when seeking to reassure the public, the government said there was no need for concern as buses would be back on the roads soon. It was stated that with ten transport unions affiliated to various political parties, including DMK and left-wing outfits, participating in the strike, many buses across the state remained off roads.
Immediately the officials came up with alternative plans to clear the rush
with private buses pressed into service in Chennai and other parts of the
state, where temporary drivers were also being deployed to ferry passengers.
In Chennai, people were still seen using alternative modes of transport such as the suburban train service, Metro rail, auto rickshaws, share autos and taxis. Some commuters complained of overcharging by auto rickshaws and share autos. Southern Railway is also operating extra services connecting Chennai besides increasing the number of trips on the suburban routes in Chennai.
Shocking!!Look what Ratan Tata has done!!viral post It is shocking as well as so nice to hear that one of the world's richest man is so so simple in his real life.This post was posted by Summet Nagdev who observed Ratan Tata for just a 50 seconds but learned a very precious lesson from his simplicity.This post is getting viral.Summet Nagadev was waiting at the valet waiting for his car in Taj Mumbai.
- BJP is most needed in TELANGANA!!
- Cows are getting aadhar cards now!!
- Yogi Adityanath now follows the "Jungle Raj"
- Pawan gets seema shock
- Kamal Remarks on Rajani irk his Fans
- AMIT SHAH DENIES MODI POLICY with this statement!!
- Infosys Chairman is so sad for the current scenario!!
- Is Owaisi experiencing scares?
- Amit Shah -Naidu acknowledged to keep the alliance going
- Tamilnadu's Salem district experiences drought, 10 lakh Coconut trees dies
- Man moves HC, Working for Rs.2 per day for 17 years
- Maharaja Express Train comes to Chennai in July; Do you know the special features in the train?
- India, World Roundup May 26
- PM Modi's acts landing him in danger
- Pawan,Mahesh,NTR in real time politics