New Delhi sources have stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today met Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas and emphasized India's commitment ''to see the realization of a sovereign, independent, united and viable Palestine, co-existing peacefully with Israel" and the Prime Minster said he discussed a range of issues with President Abbas and exchanged views on the situation in West Asia and the Middle-East Peace Process. He also spoke of India's ''unwavering support" to the Palestinian cause''.
He said a day before the meet and President Abbas had said the middle-east is living in a state of instability and conflict, especially since the Arab Spring. "We know India has good relations with Israel and Palestine. So India can play a very important role in bringing peace between Israel and Palestine and they agreed that the challenges in West Asia must be addressed through sustained political dialogue and peaceful means".
There is also a continuous channel of communication that India wishes to
keep open with Palestine through a joint commission set up by junior foreign
minister MJ Akbar. Indian policy towards both nations has undergone a slow shift
since PM Modi came to power. It was stated that his visit to Israel in July
will be a first by an Indian Prime Minister. In 2014, Home Minister Rajnath
Singh visited Israel but did not visit Palestine - which was seen as hinting at
a move to de-link the two nations.
Sources have also added that recently India had also abstained from voting on the UN resolution against Israel at the UNHCR. India has also inched closer to Israel with links on counter-intelligence issues. Over the last several years, India has also moved closer to the US, seen as an ally of Israel.
Iftar at Rashtrapati Bhavan; SAFFRON PARTY Central ministers skip The current President Pranab Mukherjee hosted his last Iftar party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, on Friday ahead of the celebration of Ramzan. Despite receiving invites to attend the iftar dinner organized at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, not even one in the BJP-led government at the center attended the dinner iftar party hosted by the President.
- Is his bike rally a blackmail?
- RAJINIKANTH should not ENTER POLITICS his FINANCIAL FRAUD WILL BE LEAKED !!
- Power Star to shock T-Tiger
- Petitioner tells 95.1% of the people possess Aadhaar, enrollment figure stood at 115.15 crore
- Infosys PAYS 65 LAKHS FOR VISA MISUSE CASE!!
- Are they behind Jagan's decisions
- Natasimha creates sensation in Hindupur
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath to get 8 Special Officers On Duty
- SHOCKING: Terror attacks in Mecca was averted
- A Deputy Superintendent of Police was stoned to death by a mob as he protected Umar Farooq
- TS, AP Roundup June 23
- NAIDU SAYS DONT USE MY ROADS AND DONT BUY MY PENSION
- India, World Roundup June 23
- Kovind files nomination papers with Modi
- Indian Army gives shock to Modi