New Delhi sources have stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today met Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas and emphasized India's commitment ''to see the realization of a sovereign, independent, united and viable Palestine, co-existing peacefully with Israel" and the Prime Minster said he discussed a range of issues with President Abbas and exchanged views on the situation in West Asia and the Middle-East Peace Process. He also spoke of India's ''unwavering support" to the Palestinian cause''.
He said a day before the meet and President Abbas had said the middle-east is living in a state of instability and conflict, especially since the Arab Spring. "We know India has good relations with Israel and Palestine. So India can play a very important role in bringing peace between Israel and Palestine and they agreed that the challenges in West Asia must be addressed through sustained political dialogue and peaceful means".
There is also a continuous channel of communication that India wishes to
keep open with Palestine through a joint commission set up by junior foreign
minister MJ Akbar. Indian policy towards both nations has undergone a slow shift
since PM Modi came to power. It was stated that his visit to Israel in July
will be a first by an Indian Prime Minister. In 2014, Home Minister Rajnath
Singh visited Israel but did not visit Palestine - which was seen as hinting at
a move to de-link the two nations.
Sources have also added that recently India had also abstained from voting on the UN resolution against Israel at the UNHCR. India has also inched closer to Israel with links on counter-intelligence issues. Over the last several years, India has also moved closer to the US, seen as an ally of Israel.
Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India According to sources India has the popular tradition of worshiping the great leaders and we do not shy away from building temples to them. Meanwhile starting from Mahatma Gandhi to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, every popular leader resides in the temple set up his/her hard-core aficionados. But, not so often we get to see a temple for a controversial figure, particularly for a man who assassinated the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors
- Will KTR share Telangana learning experience with Delhi?
- Patanjali Food Park coming soon to Telengana
- Wake Up People... This is how Restaurants cheat you with old GST rates and make you blame the Government
- A Porn Star is ready to stand against Donald Trump in 2020 Elections
- If Bindhi and Sindoor can be given GST exemption, then why not for Sanitary Napkins?
- "I am not Embarrassed of the 3 Sex Videos leaked..." says Hardik Patel