Alexander Marshak, DSCOVR deputy project scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland said "The source of the flashes is definitely not on the ground. It's definitely ice and most likely solar reflection off of horizontally oriented particles".
Basically, the agency explained, the scientists figured it was ice reflecting the light from high cirrus clouds because the glints were clearly not coming off of the surface of the Earth, like from a lake or flat bit of ocean, and because of the angle the spacecraft was to the Earth each time it captured the glints.
Meanwhile the scientists reasoned that if these 866 flashes were caused by
reflected sunlight, they would be limited to certain spots on the globe spots
where the angle between the sun and Earth is the same as the angle between the
spacecraft and Earth, allowing for the spacecraft to pick up the reflected
light. When they plotted the locations of the glints with where those angles
would match, given Earth's tilt and the spacecraft's location, the two matched.
Sources have stated that the agency's scientists also determined that these glints were the same phenomena discovered in 1993 by Carl Sagan and his fellow scientists working with the Galileo spacecraft as it sped toward Jupiter.
Shocking!!Look what Ratan Tata has done!!viral post It is shocking as well as so nice to hear that one of the world's richest man is so so simple in his real life.This post was posted by Summet Nagdev who observed Ratan Tata for just a 50 seconds but learned a very precious lesson from his simplicity.This post is getting viral.Summet Nagadev was waiting at the valet waiting for his car in Taj Mumbai.
- BJP is most needed in TELANGANA!!
- Cows are getting aadhar cards now!!
- Yogi Adityanath now follows the "Jungle Raj"
- Pawan gets seema shock
- Kamal Remarks on Rajani irk his Fans
- Is Owaisi experiencing scares?
- Amit Shah -Naidu acknowledged to keep the alliance going
- Tamilnadu's Salem district experiences drought, 10 lakh Coconut trees dies
- Man moves HC, Working for Rs.2 per day for 17 years
- Maharaja Express Train comes to Chennai in July; Do you know the special features in the train?
- India, World Roundup May 26
- PM Modi's acts landing him in danger
- Pawan,Mahesh,NTR in real time politics
- Pentagon exposes Trump
- Shubhawati was not allowed to reach Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's car