Thiruvananthapuram sources have made a statement that the national policy on marine fisheries notified by the Central government on April 28 has recommended a major push for private investments in deep-sea fishing, eliciting serious concerns among fishermen communities who see it as a backdoor entry for foreign players and the policy declares the government’s intention to rescind the Letter of Permit (LoP) scheme allowing foreign vessels to operate in Indian waters.
Meanwhile when considering as per the notification the LoP scheme has not had the expected impact on inclusive development of the deep-sea fishing sector, the government will rescind the existing scheme and consider an alternate mechanism for development of the sector.
However, it seeks to encourage entrepreneurship
development, private investment and public private partnership in the marine
fisheries sector. It also calls for harnessing overseas technology to develop
an optimum fleet size of modern fishing vessels capable of undertaking extended
voyages, by opening up the sector to private investors; the government is
providing an alternative to the LoP scheme for foreign players to come in.
Meanwhile, the State government is piqued over the Centre’s refusal to address the demands and concerns raised by the State at various stakeholder consultations during the policy formulation and the key government sources said most of the issues highlighted by the State had been ignored by the Centre.
Telangana Intermediate public examinations preponed to avoid question paper leakage Hyderabad sources have stated that the Telangana Intermediate public examinations will begin from February 28, 2018 and conclude on March 19, 2018 as per the revised time-table released by the Telangana Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE). The exams were originally scheduled from March 1, 2018 but were rescheduled to avoid leakage or confusion as the syllabus in optional papers in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is same.
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag