Sources from Ukraine have stated that a month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy had made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
McCarthy (R-Calif.) said “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” and according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia. Meanwhile House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.
Before the conversation, McCarthy and Ryan had emerged from separate talks
at the Capitol with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladimir Groysman, who had
described a Kremlin tactic of financing populist politicians to undercut
Eastern European democratic institutions. Washington sources have stated that
Russian government hackers had penetrated the computer network of the
Democratic National Committee, prompting McCarthy to shift the conversation
from Russian meddling in Europe to events closer to home.
Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.” Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.” The House leadership has so far stood by the White House as it has lurched from one crisis to another, much of the turmoil fueled by contacts between Trump and his associates with Russia.
Aadhar is safe!!BUT NOT SAFE!! The government on Friday assured a parliamentary panel that Aadhaar data has all the needed tight foolproof security.This assurance came while parliamentary standing committee on home affairs, headed by P Chidambaram, was given a power point presentation on the security privacy concerns of Aadhaar data by officials from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and Union home ministry which is leaded by home secretary Rajiv Mehrishi.
- Shame!!Duplicate China products in Indian military!!
- Tourism will be one of the focus areas of the AAP government
- Meira Kumar got the highest votes by a losing candidate
- Karnataka PUC July Supplementary Results 2017 to be Declared Next Week
- Jagan is trying this with Undavalli and Mudragada ??
- Mukesh Ambani announced Bonus Share issue after 7 years
- Kerala BJP expelled Local Leader in charge of Bribery
- Charmee is involved in Drug case - Interrogation to happen soon
- Why Pawan Kalyan meets Chandrababu Naidu??
- OMG.. Pubs, Bar and Restaurants in the star Hotels coming under Government radar
- Buy Reliance Jio 4G phone at ZERO cost - Who is beneficial?
- Ram Nath Govind's journey from Scratches to Riches
- Kerala MBBS, BDS, Medical Allied Courses Revised Category List Published
- Arvind Kejriwal Orders Sanitation Review of Government School
- Why BJP is against Kamal Hassan entering politics??