1. IS sympathisers 'refuse' to salute national flag : Some alleged sympathisers of the Islamic State (IS), nabbed in the city and elsewhere for their vain bid to join the banned outfit, reportedly refused to salute the Indian flag or stand when the national anthem was played on occasions like Republic Day or Independence Day when they were incarcerated.
2. Youth threatening to throw acid on girl held : A 25-year-old man was arrested by the Banjara Hills police for harassing a girl and threatening to throw acid on her if she refuses to marry him and marries another person.
3. Telangana govt notifies new land acquisition Act : The Telangana government on Wednesday night notified The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Telangana Amendment) Act.
4. Squatters, stench near temple irk residents : The plight of residents living near the Chaman Hanuman Mandir in Begum Bazar is getting from bad to worse with time owing to the large-scale encroachments taking place near the temple.
5. Humidity adds to discomfort, it's sizzling hot : A distinct drop in temperature in the city on Wednesday failed to bring much respite to denizens, who were left sweating profusely all through the day. Reason: a sharp rise in humidity levels in the state.
6. Minister pitches for railway link to Bhadrachalam : Devotees can directly travel by train to the famous Lord Rama temple inBhadrachalam if the Telangana government has its way.
7. Now, TTD systems under attack as ransomware makes way to the gods : WannaCry ransomware that is creating havoc the world over has hit the computers of theTirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) too. On Wednesday the computers being used by the TTD staff fell prey to WannaCry ransomware.
8. Bourne series to spy, KTR shows various 'shades' of personality : They call him 'Bond'. The 007 of Telangana. K T Rama Rao, that is.
For the bond that he shares with his 373K followers on Twitter, the Telangana IT minister gave a glimpse of a different shade of himself.
9. PG medical colleges defy court order, refuse to admit students : The fate of hundreds of medical students hangs in the balance as the private medical colleges refuse to admit them in PG courses unless the fee structure issue is resolved.
10. Farmers in handcuffs & Dharna Chowk unrest: KCR slams cops : Chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is reportedly unhappy with the police, both on the Dharna Chowk incident in the city and also the handcuffing of farmers in Khammam.
1. 'TDP gearing up for early polls’ : MLC and Krishna district TDP president B. Arjunudu on Wednesday said that the TDP is gearing up for the next general elections which are likely to be conducted in 2018.
2. No compromise on SCS, says YSRC : The support of the YSR Congress to the BJP nominee in the presidential election will in no way dilute the party’s resolve to fight for the Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh, according to its chief whip in Parliament Y.V. Subba Reddy.
3. TTD to hold ‘Kareri Ishti’ yagam from May 29 : The TTD has resolved to organise ‘Kareri Ishti’ yagam from May 29 for five days.
4. Must meet Deepam targets by June 8’ : Minister for Civil Supplies P. Pulla Rao on Tuesday directed all district collectors to ensure that the cooking gas distribution targets under the Deepam scheme—to achieve the aim of smoke-free and pollution-free State—must be reached by June 8.
5. Compensation to chit victims demanded : VR Chits and Finance Victims’ Welfare Association has demanded a compensation of Rs. 5 lakh each to depositors who died after it wound up. Association honorary president and former corporator Botta Eswaramma and secretary Chella Rao said V R Chits wound up 13 years ago and till now 200 depositors died.
6. Agitating Left leaders, activists held : The police on Wednesday arrested CPI central secretariat member K. Narayana and other leaders of the Left parties when they tried to enter the Anantapur Collectorate as part of their sit-in protest to highlight the plight of the people in the districts of Rayalaseema.
7. Sujana sees scope for HSL : Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) here has great potential to build all sorts of vessels, but it needs financial restructuring to improve its order book position, and the Union government will take all steps to help the shipyard, according to Y.S Chowdary, Union Minister of State for Science, Technology and Earth Sciences.
8. 160 acres planned for Legislature complex in Amaravati : The State government is planning to set apart 160 acres in Capital city Amaravati for construction of Andhra Pradesh Legislature Complex. Of this, 140 acres will be earmarked for blue and green (water and greenery) alone.
9. CPCB: AP, TS violating desilting norms : An additional report filed by a joint inspection team of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and placed before the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on May 11, said the governments of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh have ignored the guidelines on desilting activity while carrying out sand mining in the submergence areas of rivers Manair, Mohitummeda and Godavari.
10. Govt. seeks report on barrage gate lifting : The State government on Wednesday asked for an explanation from the authorities in-charge of Prakasam Barrage for the incident in which a suspected mentally disturbed person allegedly entered a secure area and lifted crest gates causing wastage of water.
Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light Vijay's 'Mersal' is just getting criticism from all quarters even after the release of the movie. Director Atlee took a hit against corporate hospitals and doctors and portrayed them in a bad light and most of them are venting their rage against him.
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?