Sources have stated that Tamil Nadu has agreed for talks on reviewing the water sharing agreement under the Parabikulam-Aliyar project or PAP, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly yesterday and the neighboring state has responded "positively" to a letter written by Mr. Vijayan to his counterpart, K. Palaniswami, seeking discussion on PAP.
Kerala CM Mr. Vijayan stated that "The state government recently sent a letter to the Tamil Nadu chief minister seeking discussion over the issue. And now, the neighboring state has agreed for a discussion. This is a positive development".
However, Mr. Vijayan said the "violation" of agreement by Tamil
Nadu on release of water under the PAP to Kerala is "continuing".
But, at the same time, due to the Kerala government's repeated and effective
intervention, "the state received more quantity of water during this water
year than what it got in earlier times".
Mr Vijayan said the Central government had said at a recent meeting of the National Water Development Authority or NWDA that any final decision on linking of Pampa-Achakovil with Vypar River in Tamil Nadu would be taken only after Kerala's consent. In the letter, Mr. Vijayan had asked Tamil Nadu to release water under the PAP agreement to tide over drinking water shortage in northern Palakkad district, which is facing an acute drought.
Yogi Adityanath now follows the "Jungle Raj" Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday said that he inherited "jungle raj" and it will take some time to establish rule of law in a very "big state" like UP. The current prevailing situation is mainly due to the previous Government.He puts the blame on previous governments for the poor law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa's house resmbles haunted house
- Can KCR tame Modi in his den?
- TS, AP Roundup May 27
- Pawan gets seema shock
- Shocking blunders of Modi in three years
- Mega Star readying for politicacl sensation
- Kamal Remarks on Rajani irk his Fans
- India, World Roundup May 27
- AMIT SHAH DENIES MODI POLICY with this statement!!
- Infosys Chairman is so sad for the current scenario!!
- Is Owaisi experiencing scares?
- Amit Shah -Naidu acknowledged to keep the alliance going
- Tamilnadu's Salem district experiences drought, 10 lakh Coconut trees dies
- Man moves HC, Working for Rs.2 per day for 17 years
- Maharaja Express Train comes to Chennai in July; Do you know the special features in the train?