Chennai sources have stated that the Opposition Leader and DMK working president M.K. Stalin on Wednesday accused the State government of failing to rehabilitate water bodies in the State. Meanwhile in an informal chat with reporters after inspecting the desilting work at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple here, he said that the DMK had been voicing its demand for desilting water bodies in the State for long. Many of them were in neglect. Without rehabilitation and restoration of inlet and outlet channels, it would be difficult to store water during the monsoon season.
Further Stalin said, the DMK had taken up initiatives to rehabilitate the water bodies. Besides asking its cadre to desilt water bodies along with like-minded people, the party would also motivate those undertaking desilting work on their own.
Meanwhile when alleging that the government was trying scuttle the
desilting work that was under way at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple,
Mr. Stalin said the private tank was being desilted after a gap of about 77
years at an estimated cost of 5 lakh.
Previously accompanied by former Minister and DMK MLA K.N. Nehru, Mr. Stalin held discussions with those involved in the desilting work. Later, he visited Thogamalai in Karur district and inspected the rehabilitation work at Naganur and Nathipatti tanks, where the district unit of DMK is undertaking rehabilitation work with the participation of residents of Naganur and Nathipatti Panchayats.
BJP Woman Leader slaps Hindu girl for having affair with Muslim youth Aligarh sources have stated that a woman BJP leader has been caught on camera slapping a girl here for allegedly having affair with a Muslim youth. The incident which had happened caught netizens’ attention after the video has gone viral. The video drew condemning from the netizens for the action done by Sangeeta Varshney, the president of BJP's Mahila Morcha.
- Do Yogi Adityanath should face mini referendum ahead of 2019 Parliamentary by poll??
- Raids by IT Department on properties of Former Karnataka CMs son in law
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu's choice of Rajamouli is perfect??
- After CM Naidu next is PM Modi is assigning task for SS Rajamouli
- FaceBook launched offline campaign for identifying 'False News' in its platform
- Blue Whale attacker seeks help in Exam Answer sheet
- SC not a mute spectator in Sadavarthi Satram lands issue
- PM Modi expected to talk about GST, Demonetization at BJP National Executive
- Can you fly without boarding pass in Airport?
- Baahubali Maker clarifies about designing APs new Assembly
- PM Narendra Modi visited Varanasi after UP Win
- TRS Leader Ayub Khan who set him on Fire, Dies
- CM Pinarayi Vijayan slammed Hindu outfit, accused it of trying to impose a unitary structure of "Hindu, Hindi, Hindustan"
- Kamal Hassan ready to launch his political party
- Watch the Video where Hidden gun built in Walking Stick