Chennai sources have stated that the Opposition Leader and DMK working president M.K. Stalin on Wednesday accused the State government of failing to rehabilitate water bodies in the State. Meanwhile in an informal chat with reporters after inspecting the desilting work at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple here, he said that the DMK had been voicing its demand for desilting water bodies in the State for long. Many of them were in neglect. Without rehabilitation and restoration of inlet and outlet channels, it would be difficult to store water during the monsoon season.
Further Stalin said, the DMK had taken up initiatives to rehabilitate the water bodies. Besides asking its cadre to desilt water bodies along with like-minded people, the party would also motivate those undertaking desilting work on their own.
Meanwhile when alleging that the government was trying scuttle the
desilting work that was under way at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple,
Mr. Stalin said the private tank was being desilted after a gap of about 77
years at an estimated cost of 5 lakh.
Previously accompanied by former Minister and DMK MLA K.N. Nehru, Mr. Stalin held discussions with those involved in the desilting work. Later, he visited Thogamalai in Karur district and inspected the rehabilitation work at Naganur and Nathipatti tanks, where the district unit of DMK is undertaking rehabilitation work with the participation of residents of Naganur and Nathipatti Panchayats.
#TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out TTV Dinakaran who received a major jolt as Election Commission granted Two leaves Symbol to EPS and OPS has said that Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet. He further added that he will file a case in Supreme Court.
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside