Chennai sources have stated that the Opposition Leader and DMK working president M.K. Stalin on Wednesday accused the State government of failing to rehabilitate water bodies in the State. Meanwhile in an informal chat with reporters after inspecting the desilting work at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple here, he said that the DMK had been voicing its demand for desilting water bodies in the State for long. Many of them were in neglect. Without rehabilitation and restoration of inlet and outlet channels, it would be difficult to store water during the monsoon season.
Further Stalin said, the DMK had taken up initiatives to rehabilitate the water bodies. Besides asking its cadre to desilt water bodies along with like-minded people, the party would also motivate those undertaking desilting work on their own.
Meanwhile when alleging that the government was trying scuttle the
desilting work that was under way at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple,
Mr. Stalin said the private tank was being desilted after a gap of about 77
years at an estimated cost of 5 lakh.
Previously accompanied by former Minister and DMK MLA K.N. Nehru, Mr. Stalin held discussions with those involved in the desilting work. Later, he visited Thogamalai in Karur district and inspected the rehabilitation work at Naganur and Nathipatti tanks, where the district unit of DMK is undertaking rehabilitation work with the participation of residents of Naganur and Nathipatti Panchayats.
Did TDP bribed Congress for splitting votes in Nandyal?? Nandyal sources have stated that the ruling TDP is hatching a conspiracy to split the votes of those opposing its policies in the ensuing Nandyal by-election, said YSRCP general secretary Bhumana Karunakar Reddy on Monday. Meanwhile, when speaking to media persons here in the town as part of the election
- New Member joins YSRCP party
- 20 Year Old Hyderabad beautician is missing - Eloped?
- J&K students booked for not standing for National Anthem in Hyderabad Theatre
- Hyderabad Police plans to geotag all Ganesh Pandals to prevent untoward incidents
- Heavy rain likely to lash Telugu states
- Virat Kohli irritated with this video !!
- YSRCP President questions about TDP's Poll Promises
- This Indian kid has stunned the British channel
- Another train disaster began due to negligence in UP Train Crash
- Shipa Mohan collapses Jagan plan in Nandyal
- India has become an entertainment piece for Chinese media!!
- Death Penalty sentenced to 10 people who plot to assassinate PM
- AIADMK merged: OPS takes oath as Deputy CM
- Agriculture Leadership award for 2017 bagged by KCR
- Has Rajinikanth given Green signal for joining politics??