Sources have stated that Narendra Modi government's decision to not send an envoy to China's big Belt and Road Forum (BARF) has been the cause of much wailing and gnashing of teeth in New Delhi and the fact that India is practically the only large economy to not be represented there and that dozens and dozens of countries have sent representatives, many the heads of their governments it has come across to some people as the Modi government deliberately choosing to isolate India.
Further it was stated that if Modi has isolated India on this issue, so be it. He and his foreign policy establishment deserve praise for taking a bold stand of dissent on grounds that are both principled and realist and the government's thinking on this issue is unusually clear and well-articulated.
Meanwhile the Ministry of External Affairs
released a statement that "connectivity initiatives must follow principles
of financial responsibility to avoid projects that would create unsustainable
debt burden for communities, balanced ecological and environmental protection
and preservation standards".
Currently India is more than willing to cooperate with China on infrastructure finance witness its decision to sign up to the AIIB and BRICS Bank and on the many issues being taken up in the BRICS and other forums. This is, presumably, because it does not believe that those forums inherently violate the principles that it believes OBOR, as currently structured, would fail to uphold.
All those wives of H1B Visa Holders, You're in some Big Trouble! A new law is pending to be implemented, according to which the wives of H1B visa holders will not be able to secure a job in the united states. It must be noted that strict rules and regulations were brought in, impacting the number of people obtaining an H1B visa, as America decided to give priority to jobs, to Americans. Now, with the new law, the wives of H1B visa holders will not be able to get jobs or reside with their spouses in the US.
- "If she is Jayalalitha's Daughter, she can rule Tamil Nadu..."
- CBI booked accused for cheating, forgery and criminal misconduct of SBI
- 14 officers of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard awarded their 'Flying Brevets'
- YSRCP President's greatest achievement in his Yatra
- Congress takes Lead in Gujarat Elections - Can Rahul Gandhi make History?
- Political Leaders shouldn't develop vengeance among them
- Young leader Rahul Gandhi needs only young leaders for Congress
- Owaisi senior stated Hindus and Muslims are living in religious harmony since Qutub Shahi ages
- Roja's comments on Pawan, Ganesh invited huge flak from Pawan's fans
- Will Soniya Gandhi retire from politics?
- Will Polavaram project get approval from Center?
- YS Jagan demands when the CM will honor his words of shutting down illegal liquor outlets
- M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out