Sources have stated that Narendra Modi government's decision to not send an envoy to China's big Belt and Road Forum (BARF) has been the cause of much wailing and gnashing of teeth in New Delhi and the fact that India is practically the only large economy to not be represented there and that dozens and dozens of countries have sent representatives, many the heads of their governments it has come across to some people as the Modi government deliberately choosing to isolate India.
Further it was stated that if Modi has isolated India on this issue, so be it. He and his foreign policy establishment deserve praise for taking a bold stand of dissent on grounds that are both principled and realist and the government's thinking on this issue is unusually clear and well-articulated.
Meanwhile the Ministry of External Affairs
released a statement that "connectivity initiatives must follow principles
of financial responsibility to avoid projects that would create unsustainable
debt burden for communities, balanced ecological and environmental protection
and preservation standards".
Currently India is more than willing to cooperate with China on infrastructure finance witness its decision to sign up to the AIIB and BRICS Bank and on the many issues being taken up in the BRICS and other forums. This is, presumably, because it does not believe that those forums inherently violate the principles that it believes OBOR, as currently structured, would fail to uphold.
Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light Vijay's 'Mersal' is just getting criticism from all quarters even after the release of the movie. Director Atlee took a hit against corporate hospitals and doctors and portrayed them in a bad light and most of them are venting their rage against him.
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?