Chennai sources have stated that even as the SSLC results were announced at 10 a.m., various CBSE schools in the city began getting enquiries from parents about the admission process for enrolling their children in Class XI and over the last two years, ever since the NEET was announced, principals of CBSE schools in the city have been seeing an uptick in applications for Classes XI and XII.
Amudha Lakshmi, principal of Chettinad Vidyashram School said “The demand for the biology group has been extremely high and we have got several enquiries. Though it started last year, this year since the NEET was conducted, the numbers have increased".
Of the 9.82 lakh students who appeared for the
SSLC exams, 2.47 lakh students were from self-financed matric schools and many
of them would be looking to shift to other streams and the results for the CBSE
Class X and XII exams have however not been declared yet and many CBSE schools
will begin admissions only after that. The Vice Principal of a city school said
“It will be extremely tough for us to accommodate State board students since
the numbers in our Class X are already high".
Meanwhile S. Arumainathan, State President, Tamil Nadu Students Parents Welfare Association, said that considering the number of students in State Board schools, the State doesn’t have enough good CBSE schools to accommodate more students. “Over the last few years, many matriculations schools have begun to introduce CBSE syllabus for Class XI and XII but not all of them offer quality education.
Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation? According to sources TDP MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi has offered to resign to his MLA seat over Delta Sugars issue. Amidst huge drama, teary-eyed Vamsi has offered to resign to the MLA post. Vamsi has got emotional in front of media in the lobby in AP Assembly, however, TDP senior leaders got alerted and tried to persuade Vamsi. Vamsi was rushed inside, Kala Venkat Rao, Nara Lokesh have been trying to convince Vamsi.
- PM reaches Miyapur in a chopper to inaugurate Metro Rail
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside
- Do Revanth want anything from Telangana Government?
- Cisco along with Interpol will fight Cyber Crime
- Mumbai Man built a six seater plane, Names it after Modi