Chennai sources have stated that even as the SSLC results were announced at 10 a.m., various CBSE schools in the city began getting enquiries from parents about the admission process for enrolling their children in Class XI and over the last two years, ever since the NEET was announced, principals of CBSE schools in the city have been seeing an uptick in applications for Classes XI and XII.
Amudha Lakshmi, principal of Chettinad Vidyashram School said “The demand for the biology group has been extremely high and we have got several enquiries. Though it started last year, this year since the NEET was conducted, the numbers have increased".
Of the 9.82 lakh students who appeared for the
SSLC exams, 2.47 lakh students were from self-financed matric schools and many
of them would be looking to shift to other streams and the results for the CBSE
Class X and XII exams have however not been declared yet and many CBSE schools
will begin admissions only after that. The Vice Principal of a city school said
“It will be extremely tough for us to accommodate State board students since
the numbers in our Class X are already high".
Meanwhile S. Arumainathan, State President, Tamil Nadu Students Parents Welfare Association, said that considering the number of students in State Board schools, the State doesn’t have enough good CBSE schools to accommodate more students. “Over the last few years, many matriculations schools have begun to introduce CBSE syllabus for Class XI and XII but not all of them offer quality education.
POPULAR Hyderabad HOTEL DENIES ROOM FOR SINGLE LADY!! Doesn't this statement found cheap to hear.Yes but its is true a lady who is an NRI made ebooking at a popular hotel in Hyderabad.When she was about to check in the room.The hotel authorities denied her entry and was not permitted just because she was a single lady to check in.NRI woman from Singapore named Nupur Saraswat,faced such an an embarrassing experience.
- MALWARE attacks INDIA'S LARGEST PORT!!
- JALLIKATTU PROTESTER NOW A PREY for TRP
- A MAN THRASHED AND SET ON FIRE OVER DEAD COW
- CHINA POWERFUL NAVAL DESTROYER LAUNCHED
- Naidu TURNS DEAF to farmers!!
- Shocking details about Modi's TOUR EXPENSES!!
- Oops..Civils Top Ranker fells in big trouble!!
- Will GST affect Indian economy???
- Rubbish statements by Indian Politicians about Tanmay Bhat look pointless
- Kamal questions will GST affect Kollywood industry?
- DMK Chief pens to PM about Interstate River linking Program
- Will Yogi Adityanath take India through Hindu Nationalism?
- Why US endorsed India's objections to China's "new Silk Road" project??
- Will GST affects middle and lower class people?
- Balakrishna baffles with his behavior