Owaisi brothers Asaduddin and Akbaruddin wield strong power in their constituency Old City. Both with their vitriolic statements stoke passions among muslims thus increasing communal tensions not only in Hyderabad but across the country.
Many time they faced court cases for their controversial statements. Sometime back Akbaruddin Owaisi was attacked and he miraculously escaped from the attack on his life. Court is hearing the case and final argument was concluded yesterday.
During the three day long argument, the prosecution claimed that there was a planned criminal conspiracy by the accused Mohammed Bin Omer Yafai aka Mohammed Pahelwan, his family members and other associates in targeting the Akbaruddin Owaisi on April 30, 2011.
Special public prosecutor Uma Maheswara Rao presented the evidence before the seventh additional metropolitan sessions judge T Srinivas Rao ,who is conducting the hearing in the case.
Former MIM corporator Mansoor Bin Mohammed Awalgi is the main complainant in the case. In 2011, Mohammed Bin Omer Yafai and other members of his family allegedly attacked the MIM leader in Barkas. After the attack, the Chandrayangutta police slapped cases on 13 people under various sections of the Indian Penal Code including 147 (rioting), 148 (rioting with deadly weapon) and 307 (attempt to murder).
BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already A Powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 has struck the Pacific Ocean near New Caledonia. This has happened after a series of small magnitude earthquakes. A small Tsunami is already observed and now there has been an Official warning with respect to some major Tsunami waves.
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case