Currently the Indian government has introduced new series of Rs 500 denomination notes. It was stated that Reserve Bank of India issued Rs 500 denomination notes with inset letter ‘A’. However it was stated that the old notes introduced post denomination in 2016 would continue to remain the legal tender.
Moreover official statement from the RBI was issued on Tuesday had revealed that "In continuation of issuing of Rs 500 denomination banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi series which are currently legal tender, a new batch of banknotes with inset letter "A" in both the number panels, bearing the signature of Urjit R Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India”.
Furthermore it was added that the central bank said
that the notes will bear Swachh Bharat logo on the backside of the banknote. The
officials made clear that the government has no plans to print Rs 5,000
and Rs 10,000 currency notes.
TS,AP roundup June 26 : Etela Rajendar.Finance minister Etela Rajendar on Sunday accused the Reserve Bank of India of failing to supply adequate currency to Telangana state seven months after demonetisation, leading to severe currency shortage in all districts.
- India,World roundup Jun 26
- Banks is not responsible for loss of valuables in lockers: RBI
- MODI IS MY FRIEND SAYS Israel Prime Minister
- INFOSYS ADMIT THAT AUTOMATION SACKS OFF 11000 EMPLOYESS
- India has 'stubborn geopolitical thinking' says CHINA NEWSPAPER
- President Donald Trump Meets PM Modi hope for a better chemistry!!
- Congress' Samjhauta' with PAK terrrorists shock all
- Modi says INDIA IS CORRUPTION FREE FOR PAST 3 YEARS!!
- Rajini's 2.0 started its PROMO before his POLITICAL KICK OFF
- BJP MINISTER now SELLS MOVIE TICKETS!!!
- Owaisi insults BJP's presidential candidate
- Roja to JUMP TO JANA SENA!!
- Jagan gets survey shock?
- Another CROWN FOR AP by Andhra Pradesh Kidambi Srikanth WON Australian Open Super Series title
- Modi-Trump scaring China?