Heat is increasing as the date for the election of India's new president is fast approaching. BJP which is in power is keen to have its candidate as President though Congress and other opposition parties are trying to promote their candidate as the consensus one.
BJP which got the opportunity to get its candidate elected to the top post for the first time in Independent India is not keen to leave the chance. However Modi and Amit Shah are not revealing their candidate making many wonder why is Modi so confused about the election.
Modi met senior BJP leaders and inside talk is Modi is planning to make its candidate to file nomination on behalf of NDA before Modi flies to US by June 24.
The moment Lalkrishna Advani and Murali Manohar Joshi's candidature got sidelined, name of Draupadi Murmu came out. However her name disappeared after few days. Names of Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu,Sushma Swaraj, Current Kerala governor,former chief justice Sadasivam, even Loksabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan's name started doing rounds.
But Modi feels that opposition may not support Sumitra Mahajan's candidature.BJP leaders after holding consultations with the opposition leaders finally may arrive at the decision.
BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already A Powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 has struck the Pacific Ocean near New Caledonia. This has happened after a series of small magnitude earthquakes. A small Tsunami is already observed and now there has been an Official warning with respect to some major Tsunami waves.
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case