1. For now, rains may skip central India: IMD : The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has found the behaviour of the monsoon this year to be "peculiar", saying this may have been responsible for the delayed onset over central India.
2. Promote indigenous sports: PM Modi : Citing the popularity of yoga as an example of Indian culture, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday called making indigenous sports popular as well.
3. Now, toilets funded by NRIs may bear their names : Soon you may see some of the public toilet complexes named after NRIs in cities and towns.In its bid to encourage NRIs for their contribution to Swachh Bharat initiatives.
4. 1 jawan killed, 3 injured in Manipur blast : One Assam Rifles jawan was killed and three others injured in an IED explosion in the Manipur's Ukhruldistrict bordering Myanmar on Thursday.
5. US designates principal recruiter of Islamic State in India a global terrorist : In a major achievement for India, the US department of state on Thursday designated the chief and principal recruiter of Islamic State in India, Mohammad Shafi Armar, who also goes by his online name as Yousuf-al Hindi, as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT).
6. Chinese videos slam India-Singapore exercise : When India and Singapore held advanced naval warfare drills together in the South China Sea in May, an annual engagement, propaganda videos were circulated among Singapore's Chinese-origin citizens criticising the country's decision to hold such an exercise.
7. Karnan case: There is need for greater scrutiny of judiciary, says Ravi Shankar Prasad : The case of the controversial Calcutta high court former judge, C S Karnan, calls for greater scrutiny and screening of the judiciary, law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad told.
8. Rajasthan tillers on ‘indefinite’ protest : Thousands of farmers in Rajasthan began an indefinite protest or 'mahapadav' on Thursday, demanding a special assembly for the discussion of their issues, including debt waiver.
9. Give farmers right to sell at minimum support price: CPM : Sitaram Yechury on Thursday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi demanding passage of a legislation in the monsoon session to give farmers the right to sell their produce at minimum support price and an automatic annual review to guarantee at least 50% more than the comprehensive production costs as established by the Commission on Agricultural Costsand Prices (CACP) for that year.
10. BJP president Amit Shah to meet Shiv Sena chief in Mumbai to improve ties : BJP president Amit Shah will meet Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday, the last day of his three-day trip to Mumbai under the party's expansion campaign coinciding with the third anniversary celebrations of the Modi government.
11. Kulbhushan Jadhav case: Pakistan says ICJ has rejected India's appeal for six months' time to file plea : Islamabad claimed on Thursday that the International Court of Justice (ICJ) rejected India's request for six months to file a plea in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case, ordering it to do so by September 13.
12. Airport ruckus: Minister orders probe, denies intervention : Aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju said on Friday he did not intervene to get TDP MP Diwakar Reddy on board the IndiGo flight the latter was denied boarding in Vizag on Thursday.
1. Western sanctions made Russia stronger: Putin : Speaking in a live call-in show televised nationwide, Putin deplored the US Senate's decision yesterday to impose new sanctions on Russia as a reflection of Western efforts to "contain" Russia, but insisted that the measures only have made the country stronger.
2. London fire: May orders probe, search on for bodies : British Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday ordered a public inquiry into the devastating London tower block fire which killed at least 17 people, with firefighters searching for bodies and dozens of people still reported missing.
3. Panama Papers leaks: Pakistan PM Sharif says he and his family have done nothing wrong : Embattled Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif today said he and his family have done nothing wrong as he lashed out at "some unseen elements" for hatching conspiracies against his democratically-elected government.
4. Death toll in Somalia restaurant siege up to 31 : Police say the death toll in an overnight attack by al-Shababextremists on a popular restaurant in Somalia's capital has risen to 31.
5. Putin made no offer to Nawaz Sharif to play mediator: India, Russia : India and Russia have together denied that Russian President Vladimir Putin had suggested to Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif that he could mediate between India and Pakistan.
6. Inter-agency will review funding for Pakistan, says US : The Trump Administration has announced an inter-agency review of America's support to Pakistan. The review may lead to reduction of US aid to Pakistan as Congressmen have questioned American aid to Islamabad following its abetment to terror.
7. UK to hold inquiry into London tower block fire as death toll rises to 17 : British Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday promised a public inquiry into a fire that gutted a 24-storey apartment block killing at least 17 people, as the government faced questions about how such a devastating blaze could have occurred.
8. Police zero in on China kindergarten blast suspect; toll mounts to eight : The Chinese police have "targeted" a suspect in the blast at the entrance of a kindergarten in east China's Fengzian County, as the death toll in the explosion climbed to eight, the state media reported on Friday.
9. China court sentences fugitive tycoon's staff : A court in northern China has sentenced three employees working for fugitive real estate billionaire Guo Wengui, who has been locked in a high-stakes political feud with the ruling Communist Party.
10. Israel's David Grossman wins Man Booker International Prize : Israeli author David Grossman won the Man Booker International Prize on Wednesday, sharing the £50,000 ($64,000, 57,000 euros) award with translator Jessica Cohen.
Is KCR more powerful than Trump? US President and his White House is regarded as the most powerful with unprecedented security making it near impossible for anyone to enter into it. However it is comingout that Telangana CM KCR's camp office is even more powerful than the White House. The security and the arrangements prevent common people even from having a distant view of the white office. Earlier KCR's camp office cum residence Pragati Bhawan was made according to vaastu and built at a whopping cost of Rs 50crs and spread
- TN Party Opposition Leader walks out from Assembly in Gutkha case
- Oops.. Sensational judgment from SC relaxed Donald Trump!!!
- Are Business people ready to welcome GST?
- POPULAR Hyderabad HOTEL DENIES ROOM FOR SINGLE LADY!!
- MALWARE attacks INDIA'S LARGEST PORT!!
- JALLIKATTU PROTESTER NOW A PREY for TRP
- SAW A PRISIONER BEING DRAGGED HER SAREE AROUND HER NECK!!
- A MAN THRASHED AND SET ON FIRE OVER DEAD COW
- CHINA POWERFUL NAVAL DESTROYER LAUNCHED
- Naidu TURNS DEAF to farmers!!
- Shocking details about Modi's TOUR EXPENSES!!
- Oops..Civils Top Ranker fells in big trouble!!
- Will GST affect Indian economy???
- Rubbish statements by Indian Politicians about Tanmay Bhat look pointless
- Kamal questions will GST affect Kollywood industry?