1. PM Modi to inaugurate multi-model Kochi Metro rail today : The stage is now set for the official launch of the Kochi metro, which will be facilitated in the august presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at 11 a.m. here today.
2. Jawan killed in LoC firing by Pakistan : An Army jawan was killed in cross-border firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Nowsherasector of J&K's Rajouri district on Friday.
3. President Pranab Mukherjee rejects 2 more mercy pleas as term nears end : A month before demitting office, President Pranab Mukherjeerejected mercy petitions in two cases. This brings the total mercy pleas rejected by him to 30. The petitions were rejected in the last week of May.
4. Pak’s action against terror funding only on paper, India to tell watchdog : It will be a contest of a different sort as the government sets about exposing Pakistan for "hoodwinking" the international community on "terror funding" and not taking any action against Jamaat-ud-Dawa and its arms when the plenary meet of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the international terror financing watchdog. An Indian delegation headed by Enforcement Directorate chief Karnal Singh will brief the forum, where 198 member countries and the UN, IMF and World Bank will discuss ways to counter terror financing.
5. Getting info on Swiss stash gets easier as Switzerland ratifies automatic exchange of information with Inflights :
Switzerland ratified automatic exchange of financial account information with India and 40 other jurisdictions, which will enable countries to access data on suspected black money in Swiss bank accounts.
6. Now, MPs seek auto upgrade to business class on flights : MPs should be automatically upgraded to business class by airlines in case there are seats available, members of the parliamentary consultative committee on civil aviationhave demanded.
7. Did not intervene to get Diwakar Reddy on flight, Aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju says : Aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju, who was at Visakhapatnam airport on Thursday when TDP MP Diwakar Reddy went on the rampage after initially being denied boarding on IndiGo's Visakhapatnam-Hyderabad flight, has denied that he intervened to get the MP on flight.
8. Judicial positions: Law minister bats for harder scrutiny : Union law minister Ravi Shankar Prasadhas told in an interview that there may be a case for better screening of candidates for judgeships.
9. PM Modi to visit Portugal, Netherlands in June : Known to pack his foreign trips, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Portugal on June 24 en route to Washington DC and is expected to pay a working visit to the Netherlands on June 27 on his way back.
10. ‘20 internet shutdowns in India in 2017’ : India has seen 20 instances of internet shutdowns in 2017, according to legal services organisation Software Freedom Law Centre (SFLC). In June itself, there were temporary shutdowns in parts of Madhya Pradesh, and in Nashik, Maharashtra after farmer protests escalated.
11. LeT terrorists kill 6 cops, then mutilate faces with bullets : Displaying unprecedented savagery and viciousness, Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists mangled the faces of six policemen, including one officer riddling their faces with bullets at Thajiwara village in Achabaltown of Anantnag district on Friday.
1. London inferno toll now 30, set to rise even further : The death toll from the London fire stands at 30, and is still climbing. Some victims may never be identified, officials said.
2. Man with knife arrested outside UK parliament: Police : A man with a knife has been arrested outside the British parliament on Friday, police said, adding that there were no reports of any casualties.
3. Nawaz Sharif retains billionaire status despite decline in fortune : Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has retained his billionaire status with his declared assets standing at Rs 1.72 billion in 2016 despite decline in his fortune, making him one of the richest lawmakers in the country.
4. Suicide bomber strikes near Shiite mosque in Kabul, 4 dead : A suicide bomber struck outside a Shiite mosque in the Afghan capital Kabullate Thursday night, killing four people, including a leader of Afghanistan's ethnic Hazaras, Hajji Ramazan Hussainzada. Another five people were wounded, said Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danish.
5. Russia 'may have killed' ISIS head Baghdadi in airstrike near Raqqa : Russia's Defence Ministry said on Friday it was checking information that a Russian air strike near the Syrian city of Raqqa may have killed Islamic Stateleader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in late May.
6. At least 3 injured, 7 missing after US Navy destroyer collides with merchant vessel off Japan : Seven crew members are missing and at least three injured after a US Navy destroyercollided early on Saturday morning with a Philippine-flagged merchant vessel south of Tokyo Bay in Japan, the US Navy said.
7. Saudi-Qatar crisis puts Syria rebels in tricky position : A diplomatic crisis pitting Saudi Arabia against Qatar has put Syrian rebels in a difficult position, analysts say, after rivalries between Gulf backers had already weakened the opposition.
8. Kulbhushan Jadhav case: How Pakistan 'lied' about India asking ICJ for more time to submit plea : Two days ago, Pakistan claimed that the International Court of Justice (ICJ) rejected India's request for more time - six months - to file its next motion at The Hague court. Turns out, India had actually asked for as early a date as possible for it to submit its written statement of facts supporting its case, called a 'memorial' in legalese, the external affairs ministry said yesterday.
9. Cut Pakistan aid for supporting terror: 2 US lawmakers to Trump administration : Two top lawmakers have accused Pakistan of supporting terrorism and urged the Trump administration to cut military aid to the country, saying the US should make it more difficult for Islamabad to get its hands on American weapons.
10. 1,00,000 civilians held by ISIS in Mosul's Old City as 'human shields': UN : The UN said on Friday that Islamic Stategroup jihadists may be holding more than 100,000 Iraqi civilians as human shields in the Old City of Mosul.
BS Yeddyurappa been named in two FIRs regarding a land de-notification issue Bengaluru sources have stated that BJP leaders in Karnataka met Governor Vajubhai Vala on Monday to submit a memorandum against the charges filed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau against former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa.
- Complaints fly to Election Commision from TDP and YSRPC!!
- Voting in Nandyal rally remarks Provocative, Goa CM confident at winning Panaji bypolls
- 19 AIADMK Legislators met State Governor
- Jagan first EXPERIMENT WITH PRASHANT KISHORE??wil it work??
- Is Ramakrishna support is for YSR Congress Party in Nandyal by-election??
- Nandyal records its all time high vote rate!!
- KCR has yet again proved his public speaking skill
- Will Naidu put these into Modi EARS!!
- Why McDonald's shuts down 169 outlets in North and East India?
- Atlast the Nandyal battle is over!!Polling is over !!
- To promote peace, A Punjabi named his 2 sons as Bharat and Pakistan
- Why Chiranjeevi as a Politician surprised many on his birthday???
- Attention of people diverted towards other new sensational news
- Nandyal will be the beginning of the end for TDP
- Ex- MLA booked for thrashing Businessman