1. Expelled HCA officials call election process illegal, draw battle lines : Six months after the elections of the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) and three months after the high court ordered the results to be declared, ousted office-bearers Arshad Ayub and John Manoj, on Sunday vented their ire at the election process and questioned its legality.
2. After Mahatma, Indira the most loved, says P Chidambaram : Former Union minister and member of parliament, P Chidambaram, on Saturday said that after Mahatma Gandhi, it was Indira Gandhi who "received most honour" from society.
3. Key link in Sirisha death case claims innocence : A day after Hyderabad police commissioner M Mahendar Reddy announced the arrest of two persons in the death of beautician Vijaya Lakshmi alias Sirisha, one of the accused, Sravan, claimed he was innocent and had nothing to do with her death.
4. Big drug bust in Golconda, 2 held : In a major bust, Task Force police on Saturday seized 90 grams of cocaine and 60 grams of heroin from a gang in Golconda.
5. Nation’s biggest medical devices park gets rolling : Telangana on Saturday set the ball rolling for what is touted as the country's largest dedicated medical devices park. KT Rama Rao, minister for industries and commerce, IT E&C, MA&UD and public enterprises, inaugurated the 250-acre park on the city's outskirts at Sultanpur in Patancheru of Sangareddy district.
6. Hyderabad set for Indo-Pak finals; pubs, bars to offer free drinks : As India braces to meet arch rivals Pakistan in the ICC Champions Trophy finals on Sunday, the excitement among cricket fanatics in the city is palpable. Grand plans are afloat across Hyderabad's clubs, lounges and even homes to witness the nail-biting encounter that's set to unfold at The Oval in South London from 3 pm onwards.
7. Irrigation gets major boost, SRSP flood canal gets a lift : The state cabinet on Saturday took a major decision on the irrigation front with regard to the use of the Sriram Sagar Project's flood flow canal that will not only improve water availability in SRSP but also help stabilise ayacut in several districts under various irrigation schemes of the government.
8. Telangana chasing tree planting, set to miss big forest picture : As Telangana prepares for round three of Haritha Haaram -tree-plantation programme that is one of chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's pet projects -the state is preparing for failure when it comes to taking care of its forests and the animals that live in them.
9. Ramzan sops by TRS government are mere tokenism, say activists : Activists criticised the Telangana government's iftar dawat and Ramzangift on Saturday even as they termed the move as a `sop' and an act of `tokenism'.
10. Simmering trouble over zakat funds : There is simmering trouble between activists and madrassa management over zakat funds. While officials of madrassas say zakat funds are used to provide food, clothing, shelter and religious educationto the poor, activists claim that utilisation of zakat funds in madrassas is opaque.
1. Naidu asks Anantapur ZP chief to honour pact, quit : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday directed Zilla Parishad chairman Chaman Saab to hand over the baton to Pula Nagaraju as per the agreement reached earlier.
2. JC left for Europe on planned visit : Telugu Desam MP from Anantapur J.C. Diwakar Reddy, who allegedly created a ruckus at the Visakhapatnam airport on Thursday, is learnt to have flown to Paris along with friends from Hyderabad on Friday night.
3. YSRC politicising GST issues: Yanamala : Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu on Saturday said the State government submitted a detailed memorandum to the council seeking tax exemption on textile yarn, fishing nets, building construction materials and granite stone and was awaiting a response from it. “It is unfortunate that the YSR Congress is politicising the GST on textile issue.
4. YSRC leader hacked to death in Vempalle : YSR Congress leader Banka Nagabhushanam Reddy, 48, of Kuppalapalle village in Vempalle mandal, was allegedly hacked to death near the Andhra Pradesh Urdu Residential School on Pulivendula Road in Vempalle town of Kadapa district on Friday night.
5. New labour code bereft of welfare measures: Sinha : Several welfare measures were ignored in the new labour code, which was conceived by clubbing 15 of the 144 laws existing in the country, according to National Labour Law Association (NLLA) president Praveen Sinha here on Saturday.
6. CM chooses F+P for Amaravati : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Friday selected Foster + Partners (F+P) for integrated design and development of 48 lakh square feet space comprising the Secretariat and offices of the heads of departments in Amaravati.
7. CM unhappy over JC’s conduct : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu expressed displeasure over MP J.C. Diwakar Reddy’s rude behaviour at the Visakhapatnam airport.
8. Maha dharna’ for CBI probe into land scam : With the Visakhapatnam land scam turning into a big controversy and TDP leaders led by two powerful Ministers indulging in a proxy war, YSR Congress Party, the main Opposition in the State, has decided to take advantage of it by organising a maha dharna in the city on June 22 to press for a CBI probe.
9. Water, energy audit by GVMC : An agency will soon take up energy and water audit for GVMC and suggest measures to plug leakages and pilferage and improve energy efficiency.
10. Workshop for faculty : M.V.G.R. College of Engineering conducted “Google Code to Learn”, a training programme for school faculty on its premises on Saturday.
TITA members from IT Companies pledged to plant saplings across the GHMC limits According to sources this year to give Diwali festival a green tinge, the Telangana Information Technology Association (TITA) along with GHMC has launched mega campaign named '10000 Wala Greenathon'.
- Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' Party goes in full swing!
- Foundation Stone Laid and Inaugurated - KCR gives a boon to weavers!
- Telangana CM KCR unveils PDS policy for the betterment of the Poor people
- 8792 Vacant posts for Teachers and recruitment to begin soon!
- Who is that High Command Mr.Azharuddin?
- Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory
- What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital?
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Can Mohammed Azharuddin win in Telangana Assembly Elections?
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Will Weather play spoil sport in India and New Zealand's first ODI?