1. Rajnath Singh talks to Mamata Banerjee, asks protesters to shun violence : Union home minister Rajnath Singh, in the Centre's first official response to the Darjeeling turmoil, reminded protesters on Sunday that "nobody should resort to violence" and "every issue can be resolved through mutual dialogue". Singh's series of tweets, which came 11 days after followed a half-hour conversation with chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday morning.
2. Militants target Army convoy in J&K's Anantnag : A group of militants attacked an Army convoy in south Kashmir's Anantnag district on Sunday. The militants fired at army vehicles in Bijbehara area and fled from the spot, after which security forces started a search operation. No casualty was reported.
3. CBI arrests Army Colonel for taking Rs 50,000 bribe : The CBIarrested an ArmyColonel on Sunday for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from a Pune-based private company for the supply of a product which is sent to all field formations of the Indian Army.
4. Indian hockey team wears black arm bands to condole attacks on soldiers : India hockey team on Sunday wore black arm bands during its match against Pakistan at the Hero Hockey World League Semi-Final to condole the deaths of martyrs in the recent attacks on the Indian army.
5. Rs 10 crore secured bail for Gayatri Prajapati, reveals HC probe : The bail granted to UP ex-minister Gayatri Prajapati in a rape case had led to a huge furore, and it now emerges that the relief was part of a deep conspiracy in which senior judges were involved.
A sum of Rs 10 crore also changed hands in the "deal".
6. Appraisal season for Cabinet as PM Modi takes stock : Amid speculation of a Cabinet reshuffle soon after the presidential poll, PM Narendra Modi has asked his ministers to prepare a report card detailing the key achievements of their departments in a month.
7. President Pranab Mukherjee condemns attacks on doctors : Doctors getting attacked in hospitals across the country has caught the attention of President Pranab Mukherjee. While laying the foundation stone of a super specialty hospital in Udupi, Karnataka, Mukherjee condemned the attacks saying, "This is no way... if you can't trust doctors, whom can you trust."
8. Presidential poll: Consultations over, NDA to soon announce pick : BJP has completed its consultation exercise for the presidential poll after holding deliberations with opposition parties as well as NDApartners.
9. Will take up Muslim quota bill with Centre: KCR : Telangana chief minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on Sunday said his government will take up the bill providing 12 per cent reservation to Muslims, passed by the state legislature, with the Centre for its nod.
10. Parents prefer books to tablets in schools: Study : It seems parents are not yet ready to take the plunge, according to a recent survey. Out of the over 2,000 parents surveyed in eight cities, 67% said that they would not want textbooks to be replaced with tablets or laptops.
11. How Pakistan's army is politicising Champions Trophy win : Pakistan's army took to Twitter aggressively on Sunday to politicise the Pakistani cricket team's win against India in the Champions Trophy final.
1. Vehicle rams into crowd outside London mosque, casualties feared : A vehicle struck pedestrians near a mosque in north London early Monday morning, causing several casualties, police said.
2. Iran's Revolutionary Guard strikes Syria for Tehran attacks : Iran's Revolutionary Guard said Sunday it launched missiles into eastern Syria targeting Islamic State militants in response to an attack on Iran's parliament and a shrine in Tehran, warning that it would similarly retaliate on anyone else carrying out attacks in Iran.
3. Tories plotting Theresa May's ouster : British Prime Minister Theresa May has "10 days to save her job" as some of her party lawmakers are secretly plotting her ouster, according to UK media reports.
4. North Korea says US 'mugged' delegation : : North Koreaaccused the United States on Sunday of "mugging" its delegation carrying a diplomatic package in New York, as tensions between the two countries soar.
5. 24 killed in air raid on Yemen market: Reports : At least 24 civilians were killed in an air raid today on a market in northern Yemen, a medical official and witnesses said, blaming the Saudi-led coalition battling Yemeni rebels.
6. President Trump not under investigation in Russia probe, says his lawyer : US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer said on Sunday that Trump is not under investigation in the probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential race, adding that the President has not received any notification that he is being investigated.
7. Presumed death toll in London tower blaze rises to 79 : London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.
8. Britain seeks 'special' EU ties as Brexit talks start : Brexit Secretary David Davis arrived in Brussels on Monday to launch talks he hoped would produce a "new, deep and special partnership" with theEU in the interest of Britons and all Europeans.
9. Jihadists attack resort in Mali's capital, killing 2 : Jihadists attacked a hotel resort on Sunday in Mali's capital, taking hostages at a spot popular with foreigners on the weekends. More than 30 people managed to escape though at least two people were killed, authorities said.
10. Hafiz Saeed's detention case: Pak court defers verdict till July 3 : Mumbai terror attackmastermind and Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeedand his four aides will have to celebrate Eid in custody as Pakistan's Lahore High Court today deferred its verdict till July 3 in their detention case.
Donald Trump shocks women journalist US President Donald Trump is known for his eccentric behavior. He shocks with his controversies attracting the attention of all. This time Donald Trump shocked a female journalist with his behavior. During his diplomatic phone call to congratulate Leo Varadkar, new Prime Minister of Ireland, he complimented a female Irish reporter for her nicce smile. Trump mentioned We have a lot of your Irish press watching us," in reference to the multiple reporters present in the Oval Office for the call.
- Is KCR more powerful than Trump?
- World tour for Kapu reservations
- Dutch PM confused Internet by tweeting in Hindi to Modi
- TN Party Opposition Leader walks out from Assembly in Gutkha case
- Oops.. Sensational judgment from SC relaxed Donald Trump!!!
- Are Business people ready to welcome GST?
- Karnataka BJP declared its Chief Ministerial Candidate is Yeddyurappa
- Ambulance caught in traffic in event attended by HD Deve Gowda
- Abducted Mollywood actress ready to speak about the case
- Heavy rain lashes Kerala, Holiday for schools
- Death toll rises of Kerala elephants
- POPULAR Hyderabad HOTEL DENIES ROOM FOR SINGLE LADY!!
- Jagan's change yielding favourable results
- MALWARE attacks INDIA'S LARGEST PORT!!
- JALLIKATTU PROTESTER NOW A PREY for TRP