Meteorological department had stated that around three weeks after the official announcement of monsoon, signs of normal rain in main areas of the state are yet to gather steam. Earlier on Monday dense clouds showed the strengthening of the second wave of monsoon had withered without any impact.
For over a week of lull, many parts of Kodagu were drenched in heavy rain and the preceding week it had received rainfall less than 11.4mm of rainfall. Moreover on Monday, the reading had gone up to 46.9mm of rainfall. Sources have stated that rain was strong in North Karnataka and very near to the coastal areas of Karnataka.
Few farmers are worried as the rain might be
deficient this year and a Paddy grower had added that he had plans to
immediately switch over to maize, when there is less water intensive crop and
if rain did not pick up by next month first week. Mandya and Chamrajnagar had
received scanty rainfall which is lesser that the normal rainfall.
Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend So, get ready to witness one of the year's best sky shows this Weekend from yesterday (Oct 20) to October 22nd. These metEors are the fastest and brightest among all meteor showers. The particles in the shower come from Halley's comet and it is one of the famous comets.
- Did Revanth Reddy touched CM KCRs feet??
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu didn't celebrate Diwali??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Mohammed Azharuddin to contest in Telangana Assembly Elections!
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours