Chennai sources have stated that Madras High Court quashed a Tamilnadu government order reserving 85% of MBBS and BDS seats to state board students and only 15% for CBSE and other boards, holding that it amounted to discrimination among equals. Meanwhile when allowing petitions by some CBSE students challenging the June 22 state government order, Justice K Ravichandrababu held that the impugned reservation was poor from a legal standpoint and violated Act 14 of the Constitution.
According to sources the state government had defended the order, saying the policy of the state government was not in favor of NEET, conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
More than 50% of the questions in the NEET
were based on the CBSE syllabus and hence there was an inequality in the
all-India exam, it had contended.
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!