As per report from sources it was stated that Nine people were killed and at least 25 were injured when a bus collided with a truck carrying steel rods on an over bridge in Tamilnadu's Thanjavur district on Friday. Police said the steel rods pierced some of the bus passengers. It was stated that the state run passenger bus, going from Tirupur to Kumbakonam, was carrying some 60 passengers.
Police say the bus collided with the truck on an over bridge at Vallam town in the district and apart from seven passengers, the drivers of the two vehicles also died on the spot, police said. All the injured people have been admitted to Thanjavur Medical College Hospital.
Meanwhile the police said they are
ascertaining the cause of the accident, adding speeding could not be ruled out.
The Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation bus could have been trying to
overtake the steel-rod laden truck when it lost control. District Collector A
Annadurai and Superintendent of Police J Mahesh have gone to the accident site.
Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light Vijay's 'Mersal' is just getting criticism from all quarters even after the release of the movie. Director Atlee took a hit against corporate hospitals and doctors and portrayed them in a bad light and most of them are venting their rage against him.
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?