Chandigarh sources have made a statement that Senior AAP leader and lawyer H S Phoolka said he will not vote for Meira Kumar, the opposition's nominee for the presidential election, despite his party supporting her and cited the 1984 anti-Sikh riots for his decision.
According to sources, Mr. Phoolka, an MLA from Dakha seat, said he could not vote for the Congress-backed candidate as leaders like Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar, accused in the riots, were still "occupying" positions in the party. Mr. Phoolka, who is a senior Supreme Court lawyer, had recently resigned from his post as the leader of opposition in the Punjab Assembly to continue to appear in courts for the riot victims.
Moreover on being asked if by not voting for the Congress candidate he was not
going against his party's decision, he said, "He cannot go against the
party's decision of supporting the candidature of Ms. Kumar for presidential
elections.Therefore, he will abstain from voting." Furthermore
Mr. Phoolka said he has already conveyed his decision to the party high command.
Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light Vijay's 'Mersal' is just getting criticism from all quarters even after the release of the movie. Director Atlee took a hit against corporate hospitals and doctors and portrayed them in a bad light and most of them are venting their rage against him.
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?