Chandigarh sources have made a statement that Senior AAP leader and lawyer H S Phoolka said he will not vote for Meira Kumar, the opposition's nominee for the presidential election, despite his party supporting her and cited the 1984 anti-Sikh riots for his decision.
According to sources, Mr. Phoolka, an MLA from Dakha seat, said he could not vote for the Congress-backed candidate as leaders like Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar, accused in the riots, were still "occupying" positions in the party. Mr. Phoolka, who is a senior Supreme Court lawyer, had recently resigned from his post as the leader of opposition in the Punjab Assembly to continue to appear in courts for the riot victims.
Moreover on being asked if by not voting for the Congress candidate he was not
going against his party's decision, he said, "He cannot go against the
party's decision of supporting the candidature of Ms. Kumar for presidential
elections.Therefore, he will abstain from voting." Furthermore
Mr. Phoolka said he has already conveyed his decision to the party high command.
M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS Hyderabad sources have stated that though Mukesh Goud served as a minister in the Congress government under Dr YS Rajasekhar Reddy, K. Rosaiah and Kiran Kumar Reddy, he was defeated with a huge margin of over 45,000 votes by BJP's Raja Singh Rathod from Goshamahal Assembly constituency in 2014.
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards