Sources have stated that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is all set to plant 10 lakh saplings in their area this monsoon. It was stated that under this plantation drive, the council aims to sow 30,000 indigenous saplings of sisham, pepal, neem along with fruit plants like mangoes, jamun, among others. According to sources NDMC chairman Naresh Kumar said they would achieve the target of increased green cover from existing 48% to 50%.
Sources have stated that about 28,000 schoolchildren of NDMC and Navyug schools would be planting sapling on their school premises and surrounding areas like parks, garden, roadsides and service lanes. Meanwhile while stressing on the importance of ecological balance, Kumar said deforestation due to human greed. "Once, the capital was known for its garden and greenery and was called a 'Garden City'.
Moreover NDMC is trying hard to transform its green
heritage at par with the international green standards," he said. The
council, which looks after the New Delhi Lutyens zone, plans to conduct weekly
drives in gardens, parks, roadsides, government offices and quarters.
Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' Party goes in full swing! Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena party is all set to hold its first plenary session and during this session, some discussion will be going on regarding the strengthening of the party at the grass-root level. Various factors such as Pawan Kalyan's vision, New membership, recruitment of analysts, content writers will be discussed.
- Foundation Stone Laid and Inaugurated - KCR gives a boon to weavers!
- Telangana CM KCR unveils PDS policy for the betterment of the Poor people
- 8792 Vacant posts for Teachers and recruitment to begin soon!
- Who is that High Command Mr.Azharuddin?
- Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory
- What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital?
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Can Mohammed Azharuddin win in Telangana Assembly Elections?
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Will Weather play spoil sport in India and New Zealand's first ODI?
- An Andhra Church Pastor lured and sexually assaulted women in his church!