Sources have stated that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is all set to plant 10 lakh saplings in their area this monsoon. It was stated that under this plantation drive, the council aims to sow 30,000 indigenous saplings of sisham, pepal, neem along with fruit plants like mangoes, jamun, among others. According to sources NDMC chairman Naresh Kumar said they would achieve the target of increased green cover from existing 48% to 50%.
Sources have stated that about 28,000 schoolchildren of NDMC and Navyug schools would be planting sapling on their school premises and surrounding areas like parks, garden, roadsides and service lanes. Meanwhile while stressing on the importance of ecological balance, Kumar said deforestation due to human greed. "Once, the capital was known for its garden and greenery and was called a 'Garden City'.
Moreover NDMC is trying hard to transform its green
heritage at par with the international green standards," he said. The
council, which looks after the New Delhi Lutyens zone, plans to conduct weekly
drives in gardens, parks, roadsides, government offices and quarters.
Thieves looted jewelry from Lalitha Jewelry outlet According to sources it was stated that recently a theft has been reported from up market jewellery outlet Lalitha Jewellery in Hyderabad. Sources have stated that the theft was noticed on Saturday and a complaint has been promptly lodged with the Punjagutta police.
- YS Jagan completed his 31 days of Praja Sankalpa Yatra
- Andhra University got NAAC 'A' grade but it has to improve to achieve A++ grade" Vice President
- Will Soniya Gandhi play an effective role making way for Rahul Gandhi?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail
- GHMC plans to raise money through new way
- Kacheguda earned first energy-efficient 'A1 Category' railway station in India
- Placement started on a very optimistic note this year by Top Recruiters
- YSRCP spokesperson Roja criticized Pawan for his comments on dynasty Politics
- Why Osmania University postponed Semester Exams?
- What's the new name for Balanagar Metro Railway station?
- LIVE : #GujaratElection - A Force to be reckoned with - Congress / BJP / ?
- Shocking News for those invested in Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies from RBI
- The Deadline to Link Aadhaar with PAN card is extended!
- Max Hospital License cancelled - Wrongly declared premature baby as 'Dead'