The Sports Ministry has started the kick started the groundwork to online sports betting a legalised one in India.Verbal consulting has already been held with different stakeholders in the government. But then, it may take at least two years of time period for the ministry to prepare a draft.
The UK is one such nation which has legalised online betting in its country successfully.The Sports Ministry of India is also likely to seek assistance from its counterparts in the UK to understand and study their system and see if it is positive to introduce it in India. At present, betting is legal only in the domain of horse racing, and it is heavily taxed at 28 per cent under GST.
According to a report collected by the famous Doha-based International Centre for Sports Security, the illegal betting market is huge in India is worth $150 billion, or roughly around 9.6 lakh crore. The government feels legalising it will be beneficial for the economic development of the country.
Thieves looted jewelry from Lalitha Jewelry outlet According to sources it was stated that recently a theft has been reported from up market jewellery outlet Lalitha Jewellery in Hyderabad. Sources have stated that the theft was noticed on Saturday and a complaint has been promptly lodged with the Punjagutta police.
- YS Jagan completed his 31 days of Praja Sankalpa Yatra
- Andhra University got NAAC 'A' grade but it has to improve to achieve A++ grade" Vice President
- Will Soniya Gandhi play an effective role making way for Rahul Gandhi?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail
- GHMC plans to raise money through new way
- Kacheguda earned first energy-efficient 'A1 Category' railway station in India
- Placement started on a very optimistic note this year by Top Recruiters
- YSRCP spokesperson Roja criticized Pawan for his comments on dynasty Politics
- Why Osmania University postponed Semester Exams?
- What's the new name for Balanagar Metro Railway station?
- LIVE : #GujaratElection - A Force to be reckoned with - Congress / BJP / ?
- Shocking News for those invested in Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies from RBI
- The Deadline to Link Aadhaar with PAN card is extended!
- Max Hospital License cancelled - Wrongly declared premature baby as 'Dead'