The Sports Ministry has started the kick started the groundwork to online sports betting a legalised one in India.Verbal consulting has already been held with different stakeholders in the government. But then, it may take at least two years of time period for the ministry to prepare a draft.
The UK is one such nation which has legalised online betting in its country successfully.The Sports Ministry of India is also likely to seek assistance from its counterparts in the UK to understand and study their system and see if it is positive to introduce it in India. At present, betting is legal only in the domain of horse racing, and it is heavily taxed at 28 per cent under GST.
According to a report collected by the famous Doha-based International Centre for Sports Security, the illegal betting market is huge in India is worth $150 billion, or roughly around 9.6 lakh crore. The government feels legalising it will be beneficial for the economic development of the country.
Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' Party goes in full swing! Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena party is all set to hold its first plenary session and during this session, some discussion will be going on regarding the strengthening of the party at the grass-root level. Various factors such as Pawan Kalyan's vision, New membership, recruitment of analysts, content writers will be discussed.
- Foundation Stone Laid and Inaugurated - KCR gives a boon to weavers!
- Telangana CM KCR unveils PDS policy for the betterment of the Poor people
- 8792 Vacant posts for Teachers and recruitment to begin soon!
- Who is that High Command Mr.Azharuddin?
- Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory
- What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital?
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Can Mohammed Azharuddin win in Telangana Assembly Elections?
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Will Weather play spoil sport in India and New Zealand's first ODI?
- An Andhra Church Pastor lured and sexually assaulted women in his church!