Chennai sources have stated that voting to elect the next President of India is underway in Chennai yesterday with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami casting the first vote. According to sources followed by Mr. Palaniswami, his cabinet colleagues, including Forest Minister Dindigul Srinivasan, Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani, Milk and Dairy Development Minister Rajendra Balaji, Speaker P Dhanapal and Leader of Opposition MK Stalin had cast their votes.
Sources have stated that party's deputy leader in the assembly Mr. Duraimurugan told reporters of the 234 MLAs in the state, that excluding the RK Nagar constituency, which had fallen vacant after the death of former chief minister J Jayalalitha, all others are eligible to vote. Meanwhile when asked if DMK chief M Karunanidhi will cast his vote.
Sources have stated that an official said Mr. Karunanidhi is keeping unwell since December last. The voting is taking place in the committee hall at the Assembly Secretariat amid tight security and further, it was stated that voting began at 10 AM and will continue till 5 PM. Till 11 AM, 120 MLAs had cast their votes.
Why Telangana teachers wore helmet at school?? Hyderabad sources have stated when taking a cue from Bihar staff who wore helmet at their workplace, back home in Medak district teachers on Wednesday wore helmet as a mark of protest. The incident happened at Zilla Parishad High School of Chinna Shankarampet village after a chunk of roof fell on a staff member.According to sources the building is in dilapidated condition and staff's repeated attempts to get it repaired have only fallen on their deaf ears.
- Meira Kumar got the highest votes by a losing candidate
- Details of Netanyahu's meeting accidently leaked because of open mic
- Tamilnadu farmers beat themselves with flip-flops to protest the salary hikes of state legislators
- An Indian produces a fake identity to get US Citizenship
- By March 2018 BSNL to roll out 4G services in AP, Telangana
- What did Modi served for Pranab Mukherjee in his last dinner as a President?
- Former Union Finance Minister's son moves to Madras HC against CBI summon
- Delhi University Students spoilt for choice at Hangouts
- Green body asked DDA to submit an action plan on restoring Yamuna floodplains
- Kerala Writer gets threatening letter to convert to Islam
- Ajith Doval's visit to Beijing will be key to ease tensions between India and China
- Kerala BJP expelled Local Leader in charge of Bribery
- Mukesh Ambani announced Bonus Share issue after 7 years
- Aadhar is safe!!BUT NOT SAFE!!
- Shame!!Duplicate China products in Indian military!!