New Delhi sources have stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is heading a meeting of the BJP to finalize a name for Vice President. Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, believed to be the front runner, said before going into the meeting "He is not aspiring to become anything. Whatever the parliamentary board decides, that is final."
Moreover, the BJP's Vice President Nominee is also anticipated to sail through with the backing of southern parties like AIADMK, Telengana Rashtra Samiti, and YSR Congress, the government candidate is likely to win the votes of 557 MPs in the electoral college of 787 MPs.
Sources have also stated that the BJP and its advisers have a clear set of requirements and Mr. Naidu checks most boxes which include the ability to run smoothly the Rajya Sabha, where the Vice President is chairman and where the government is currently in a minority, and belief in the core values of the BJP and its ideological mentor the RSS.
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!