Nearly 8 lakh bogus voters are expected to be axed from the voter's list in Hyderabad in an exercise taken up by GHMC and Election Commission of India. This is due to cases like death and duplication. The inspecting officer will physically check if the voter is present, dead, shifted or bogus.
But then this exercise has upset a few elected representatives, as it will decrease their vote bank. Some opposition leaders say it is aimed at removing the votes of the Opposition Parties to ensure TRS is strengthened in the Capital Area.
Special focus is also on those voters who have votes in Hyderabad as well as their native places in Seema Andhra. Until now, some of them are exercising their votes in both the areas. Linking Aadhar to Voter Id Cards will help to weed out those votes.
Deepika Padukone's movie postponed as Karni Sena says they would cut her nose! The 'Padmavati' controversy is just going out of proportion. Karni Sena Chief already told there would be a Nation Wide Strike on 1st of December. We already reported about news earlier. Now, another member of the party has said the Party's chief has said correctly about Deepika Padukone as she has portrayed a role of demeaning Rajput Women.
- Telangana Intermediate public examinations preponed to avoid question paper leakage
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'