New Delhi sources have stated that the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Thursday imposed an interim ban on use of plastic bags with thickness less than 50 microns in Delhi. Violators will be fined Rs 5,000. Meanwhile when reiterating its earlier order, the bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar also asked the Delhi government to confiscate the stock of non-biodegradable plastic bags within a week's time.
According to sources the order is applicable on low quality light polythene, which have thickness less than 50 microns. Moreover the bench also asked the Delhi government and the Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) to file an affidavit and inform it about how its directions were being implemented in the city.
Moreover the Tribunal has also imposed an environment compensation of Rs 10,000 on vegetable vendors and slaughter houses for throwing garbage in the open. Earlier In March last year, the union Environment Ministry had stated that 15,000 tons of plastic waste was generated every day, out of which 9,000 ton was collected and processed, but 6,000 ton plastic waste was not being collected. The then Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar had said that the minimum thickness of plastic carry bags had been increased from 40 to 50 microns.
The whole family set themselves on fire as they don't have faith in God says BJP Leader H.Raja - Watch Video The whole state of Tamil Nadu is shaken and stirred due to the self-immolation issue which happened at Tirunelveli Collector's Office. As the family got Rs.140,000 from money lenders and paid Rs.250,000 in return, they were tormented to pay even more.
- If you are having a 2-Wheeler less than 100CC engine, you need to drive 'Alone'
- Directorate General of GST intelligence denies Raid on Vishal's Office
- A whole family attempts self-immolation at Collector office as cops, collector never took any action!
- 20-Year-Old Drunkard rapes a Woman in Broad day light, No one came to rescue - Disturbing Video!
- IT Raids end at Actor Vishal's Office - Found guilty of evading a Tax amount of Rs.51 Lakhs
- Auto Drivers put Cockroach intentionally on their food - Just for sake of Publicity
- Telangana CM KCR unveils PDS policy for the betterment of the Poor people
- 8792 Vacant posts for Teachers and recruitment to begin soon!
- Unlike 'Blue Liquids' shown in sanitary pad commercials, 'Bodyform' shows real menstrual blood in their ads!
- CM Chandrababu Naidu plans to start 500 new IT firms within next 12 months
- TITA members from IT Companies pledged to plant saplings across the GHMC limits
- Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' Party goes in full swing!
- Foundation Stone Laid and Inaugurated - KCR gives a boon to weavers!
- Who is that High Command Mr.Azharuddin?
- Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory