Kathmandu sources have stated that at least 36 people were killed and 12 others missing in floods and landslides triggered by incessant rainfall in several districts across Nepal. Meanwhile according to the Ministry of Home Affairs, seven persons were killed in Sunsari district in southern Nepal. Four persons were killed in Sindhuli, four each in Jhapa and Sindhuli districts, three each in Banke, Morang and Panchthar districts and the rest others in different districts.
Sources have stated that hundreds of families have been displaced in the floods and landslides across the country. Meanwhile, Nepal Cabinet held an emergency meeting during which Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba ordered the local district administrations to intensify the rescue and release activities.
According to sources, Nepalese Home Minister Janardan Sharma said that all
the security agencies will be mobilised in an integrated manner for carrying
out the rescue operations. Jhapa, Morang Sunsari, Sapttari, Siraha, Sarlahi,
Rautahat, Banke, Bardiya and Dang districts were the worst affected by flood.
Hundreds of houses have been submerged in Morang. Currently Biratnagar airport
has been closed after flood water gushed into the airport area.
Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging himself Sources have stated that senior BJP leader from Chirala in Prakasam district Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging from the ceiling of his house. The incident, which occurred in Sampathnagar under Kothapeta panchayat of Vetapalem mandal, has sent shockwaves among the party workers, friends and relatives.
- TDP along with Jai Lava Kusa attacked by TV Channel
- YS Kutumbam Program reviewed by YS Jagan with his teammates
- US Defense Secretary meets PM Narendra Modi by next week
- Bollywood producer Karim Morani surrenders in Actress Rape Case
- BJP Woman Leader slaps Hindu girl for having affair with Muslim youth
- Do Yogi Adityanath should face mini referendum ahead of 2019 Parliamentary by poll??
- Raids by IT Department on properties of Former Karnataka CMs son in law
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu's choice of Rajamouli is perfect??
- After CM Naidu next is PM Modi is assigning task for SS Rajamouli
- FaceBook launched offline campaign for identifying 'False News' in its platform
- Blue Whale attacker seeks help in Exam Answer sheet
- SC not a mute spectator in Sadavarthi Satram lands issue
- PM Modi expected to talk about GST, Demonetization at BJP National Executive
- Can you fly without boarding pass in Airport?
- Baahubali Maker clarifies about designing APs new Assembly