Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that Mohan Bhagwat, who heads the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or RSS, today unfurled the national flag at an Independence Day function at a government-aided school in Kerala's Palakkad, ignoring orders to the school from the district's top bureaucrat that he must not be allowed to do so.
According to sources, Palakkad District Collector Mary Kutty had yesterday told the school in a written order that Mr. Bhagwat must not unfurl the national flag, citing what the officer said was a government order that only office-bearers at the school or elected representatives like MLAs are allowed to do so.
Sources have added that the function was held at the Karnakiyamman School in Palakkad, around 335 km from state capital Thiruvananthapuram. Mohan Bhagwat has been in Palakkad since Monday and the programme at the school had been announced several days ago. The Collector's order however reached the school only hours before the function was to be held. Meanwhile Mr. Bhagwat is in Kerala for meetings of the RSS, which has accused the ruling CPM in Kerala of abetting escalated violence by its workers against the RSS and the BJP.
Foundation Stone Laid and Inaugurated - KCR gives a boon to weavers! Warangal sources have stated that after unveiling the roadmap for the development of the weaving community and other related trades in Telangana, Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao had inaugurated the works on the proposed Kakatiya Mega Textile Park (KMTP) by laying the foundation stone here.
- Telangana CM KCR unveils PDS policy for the betterment of the Poor people
- 8792 Vacant posts for Teachers and recruitment to begin soon!
- Who is that High Command Mr.Azharuddin?
- Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory
- What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital?
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Can Mohammed Azharuddin win in Telangana Assembly Elections?
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Will Weather play spoil sport in India and New Zealand's first ODI?
- An Andhra Church Pastor lured and sexually assaulted women in his church!
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside