Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that police team visited the home of a Kerala team this morning in search of evidence to determine if he killed himself because of the online Blue Whale game which challenges its players to commit suicide. Manoj C Manu, 16, hung himself at his house in Vilapilasala near the state capital of Thiruvananthapuram on July 26. His mother told a Malayalam TV channel that her son had downloaded the game in November.
Previously this month, Kerala Chief Minister Pinari Vijayan wrote to the centre demanding a ban on Blue Whale, which originated in Russia and presents players with a list of formidable tasks to be completed in 50 days and the final assignment is suicide.
Accordingly the teen deaths in different countries including China and Brazil have been linked to the game. At the end of July, a schoolboy in Mumbai died after jumping off a building and the case was seen as the first Indian death linked to Blue Whale Challenge, though the local police has said there is no evidence yet of this premise. Last week, two teen boys in Indore and Solapur were stopped from killing themselves after having completed most of the other challenges listed by the game.
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!