According to sources from Kerala couple of weeks ago and IT professional in West Bengal received an anonymous phone call. The speaker said he was making some online registration and had entered the phone number of the techie by mistake since the two numbers were similar. The caller further urged the IT professional to share the code received on the IT professional's phone received so that he (the caller) could complete the registration.
Moreover after intense examination, the receiver nailed the caller and founder that he was a fraudster who were actually trying to reset the online bank account of his target using the One Time Password (OTP). Sources have added that an unsuspecting layman would have easily shared the code and would have suffered huge financial losses.
Accordingly Cyberdome, the cyber security wing of
Kerala Police, released a teaser that cautions the public against OTP fraud.
The teaser tells how an anonymous callers feigning as a bank employee informs
you that your ATM card is blocked and demands the details of the card including
the secret pin number to restore it. Meanwhile those who feel it safe to
divulge the details until the ATM card is not parted with would comply with the
instructions from the caller. The teaser is published in Facebook and YouTube.
Thieves looted jewelry from Lalitha Jewelry outlet According to sources it was stated that recently a theft has been reported from up market jewellery outlet Lalitha Jewellery in Hyderabad. Sources have stated that the theft was noticed on Saturday and a complaint has been promptly lodged with the Punjagutta police.
- YS Jagan completed his 31 days of Praja Sankalpa Yatra
- Andhra University got NAAC 'A' grade but it has to improve to achieve A++ grade" Vice President
- Will Soniya Gandhi play an effective role making way for Rahul Gandhi?
- Only these TWO INDIAN PLAYERS were invited for Kohli's wedding
- Okay, so the Second Most-watched Video on YouTube in 2017 across the World is...
- Forget Delhi, Even Chennai Air Pollution has now reached Hazardous levels
- SHOCKING: Dangal Girl Zaira molested in Flight - Watch Video!
- Chandrababu Naidu taking steps to strengthen TDP in Telangana
- Who is Revanth reddy's next Target?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail
- GHMC plans to raise money through new way
- Kacheguda earned first energy-efficient 'A1 Category' railway station in India
- Placement started on a very optimistic note this year by Top Recruiters
- YSRCP spokesperson Roja criticized Pawan for his comments on dynasty Politics