New Delhi sources have reported that a little over two months after the launch of goods and services (GST), the Centre has reiterated its plan to shift to a single rate of 18%, or a dual slab of 12% and 18% in the future, while advising states against seeking too many exemptions and periodic reduction in rates for products and services as it would impact the long-term objective.
Sources have stated that at the meeting of the GST Council in Hyderabad over the weekend, the Centre sought to refrain states from seeking repeated revision in rates for goods and services in the top slab of 28% and specific guidelines were circulated to the ministers were forwarding a huge number of representations without prior examination. Earlier on Saturday, the GST Council reduced the rates for around 40 items, but most were mass consumption items.
Meanwhile the government is also
worried that manufactured products attracting zero GST will be detrimental to
the `Make in India' initiative as the imported rivals will not be subjected to
countervailing duty and may turn out to be cheaper than locally made
Watch the Video where Hidden gun built in Walking Stick Bengaluru sources have made a statement that currently offenders are devising new plans to carry out crimes. Here is a hidden gun built into a walking stick which is in possession with the Bengaluru police. A video of this is going viral in social media.
- Dasara Festival at Mysore and when it is celebrated?
- Mumbai experiences heavy downpour, second heaviest in over a century
- KTR saved CM KCR and his ambitious plan to distribute 1 Crore sarees for Telangana women for Batukamma
- Has YSR Congress Party demanded Central Government to institute a CBI probe in Polavaram project?
- Kurnool Medical College Junior Students been ragged
- Man arrested for Extorting a Businessman in Hyderabad
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal met Kamal Hassan in Chennai
- Will ruling TDP MP resign from his post for not serving public?
- 6 New Judges takes charge in Hyderabad HC
- Singareni Employees announced Rs.82000 as Bonus for Diwali, Dasara
- Why 235 Junior Colleges across Telangana been de-recognized?
- What controversy made Pawan Kalyan and Jagan Silent?
- Will Job Problem darken PM Narendra Modi's road to 2019??
- LDF announced candidate for Vengara bypoll
- Why AP Government not releasing water to KC canal and Telugu Ganga projects?