Indian Army's latest piece of artillery gun – M777 ultra light weight howitzer – had met with a bad accident during its trials at the Pokhran firing range in Rajasthan.Sources in the Army on Tuesday admitted that during a routine firing exercise(usually carried ) on September 2, the barrel of one of the guns was burst.
This is the third time in these four months that an artillery gun being tested by the Army before its induction has had its barrel damaged by defective 155 millimeter High Explosive bombs manufactured from the OFB.
Fortunately, no Army personnel or officails testing the weapon were injured in the unexpected accident. A joint investigation team has been formed from the Army and BAE Systems, is sharply probing the incident.
BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already A Powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 has struck the Pacific Ocean near New Caledonia. This has happened after a series of small magnitude earthquakes. A small Tsunami is already observed and now there has been an Official warning with respect to some major Tsunami waves.
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case