After renaming the popular 'Mughalsarai' railway station as 'Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar', Uttar Pradesh government also has plans to rename Allahabad as 'Prayagraj', its ancient name.
An indication to this rechristening effect was given by the office bearers of All India Akhara Parishad (AIAP),which is an an apex body of Hindu seers and saints after their close meeting with UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath .
The AIAP president Mahant Narendra Giri said that the saints had passed their proposal to the chief minister to rechristen the city of Allahabad as 'Prayagraj'. ''A formal announcement regarding this will be made shortly,'' the Mahant said.
He said that the honorable chief minister had assured the saints and seers that the government would consider their rich and cultural demand. The saints said that renaming of Allahabad was essential to reflect its precious cultural heritage and portray religious importance of the place.
#TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out TTV Dinakaran who received a major jolt as Election Commission granted Two leaves Symbol to EPS and OPS has said that Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet. He further added that he will file a case in Supreme Court.
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside