Baghpat sources have reported that at least 22
people drowned and many others were missing after an overloaded boat capsized
in the Yamuna River here yesterday. Sources have stated that the boat was
carrying 60 people. The District Magistrate Bhawani Singh said that the boat
sank close to Katha village, 20 km from the district headquarters.
He said police and PAC personnel have fished out 22 bodies so far while 10 others have been rescued and a search was on to trace others. The District Magistrate said "The boat was ferrying passengers more than its capacity. Most of the passengers of the ill-fated boat were women. As soon as the boat reached mid-stream it capsized".
Meanwhile Additional Magistrate of Baghpat district, Dharam Pal Singh added that "The incident happened early morning. It was a privately hired boat and was carrying some 50-55 people". Witnesses stated that he was angry that an overcrowded boat was allowed to ply, residents protested on the streets in Baghpat, accusing the administration of not providing help to the victims quickly enough. Protesters blocked a highway and set a few vehicles on fire.
YSRCP Proved Right In The Sale Of Sadavarthi Lands According to sources the controversial Sadavarthi Lands were sold for Rs 60.30 crore, a sum much higher than the paltry Rs 22 crore that Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu tried to sell to his henchmen. Meanwhiole during an auction, 83.11 acres of Sadavathi lands were bought by YSR Kadapa resident Satyanarayana Reddy.
- Why YSRCP Leader urges CM ChandrababuNaidu to resign?
- State government in association with Light Craft Foundation is conducting photography Festival
- Educational Institutions in Kerala shut amid continuous rain
- Differences Between Modi and Pawan Kalyan?
- What did Bill Gates contributed to AP?
- This Congress Leader triggered twitter battle with BJP
- Hyderabad husband killed wife for not getting MBBS seat
- Will 180 Kashmiri migrant teachers issue sought by UPSC?
- Homeopathy Women Doctor arrested for filing fake dowry case
- PM Modi omitted Pawan from the list
- NGO from Andhra Pradesh sends 68 paise cheque to PM Narendra Modi to highlight the plight of farmers
- SS. Rajamouli appreciated by Venkaiah Naidu, Chief Minister KCR
- Telangana Women burnt Cheap Quality Bathukamma Sarees on roads
- Drinking in Public places at Goa banned by State Government
- Questions on TSPSC becomes a topic in Social Media