Mumbai sources have stated that 22 people were killed and over 30 sustained serious injuries in a stampede in Mumbai on Friday, when a crowd tried to leave a narrow railway bridge connecting two busy stations after heavy rain. Meanwhile as per reports, the stampede broke out at around 10.30 AM on the bridge between the busy Parel and Elphinstone Road local railway stations. These two stations are used by most of Mumbai's local train commuters as there are large number of offices in the area.
Sources have stated that there were more than the usual people on the bridge at that time, taking shelter from the rain. The tragedy reportedly happened when four trains came at the same time and people rushed to their respective trains. Because of the rain, a few people slipped and it led to a heart wrenching tragedy.
Moreover angry commuters said the bridge was too old and narrow to take
the rush hour traffic. The residents blamed the authorities for their
negligence in not building enough bridges in the busy area. Further the Railway
Minister Piyush Goyal ordered an enquiry on the stampede. Prime Minister
Narendra Modi tweeted condolences.
Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry! The Telangana state prisons department has set out on a mission to eliminate begging with rehabilitation plans and make the state a beggar-free cleaner one. In a press release, the department revealed that a total of 316 male and 164 female beggars have been rehabilitated to Anand Ashram in Chanchalguda.
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors