Mumbai sources have stated that 22 people were killed and over 30 sustained serious injuries in a stampede in Mumbai on Friday, when a crowd tried to leave a narrow railway bridge connecting two busy stations after heavy rain. Meanwhile as per reports, the stampede broke out at around 10.30 AM on the bridge between the busy Parel and Elphinstone Road local railway stations. These two stations are used by most of Mumbai's local train commuters as there are large number of offices in the area.
Sources have stated that there were more than the usual people on the bridge at that time, taking shelter from the rain. The tragedy reportedly happened when four trains came at the same time and people rushed to their respective trains. Because of the rain, a few people slipped and it led to a heart wrenching tragedy.
Moreover angry commuters said the bridge was too old and narrow to take
the rush hour traffic. The residents blamed the authorities for their
negligence in not building enough bridges in the busy area. Further the Railway
Minister Piyush Goyal ordered an enquiry on the stampede. Prime Minister
Narendra Modi tweeted condolences.
Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours Visakhapatnam sources have reported that heavy rains lashed many parts of Odisha dampening the Diwali spirit, as low pressure over the Bay of Bengal intensified into a depression. SC Sahu, the Director of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) center
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?
- Why Revanth met Rahul Gandhi?? Is he joining Congress??
- In USA, A Man's Life is saved by Apple Watch App Notification
- TDP keeping muted response!
- Rs.20,000 Crores sanctioned to reconstruct Hyderabad Roads
- Revant Reddy Criticizes his own party - But rules out talks about starting a own party!
- Hyderabad to get more number of Malls in India by 2020
- Chiranjeevi to get a major post in Congress party?
- Is Narayana Institutions running without prior permission?
- You can start booking Jio Phones soon after Diwali ends!
- Modi to inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail by next month