Washington sources have reported that Diwali dinner was first hosted for Indian-American community by former President Barack Obama in 2009. The White House Diwali celebration has since become an annual affair.
Earlier in June, Trump infamously ended the decades long White House tradition of celebrating Eid (Ramadan) with an 'iftar' dinner. Hence, the Indian-American community had some apprehensions whether the Diwali dinner too would be canceled. Trump however decided to continue this tradition. Meanwhile the Indian-American community hopes that Trump will address visa-related issues with community members during the dinner.
Furthermore the community also hopes Trump will consider their request
that he address a rally in Chicago for about 15,000
Indian-Americans. According to sources the Diwali dinner is being described
by some political analysts as a strategical move of Trump govt. to ease the
Indian-American community's fears about the President's call for a stricter
Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation? According to sources TDP MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi has offered to resign to his MLA seat over Delta Sugars issue. Amidst huge drama, teary-eyed Vamsi has offered to resign to the MLA post. Vamsi has got emotional in front of media in the lobby in AP Assembly, however, TDP senior leaders got alerted and tried to persuade Vamsi. Vamsi was rushed inside, Kala Venkat Rao, Nara Lokesh have been trying to convince Vamsi.
- PM reaches Miyapur in a chopper to inaugurate Metro Rail
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside
- Do Revanth want anything from Telangana Government?
- Cisco along with Interpol will fight Cyber Crime
- Mumbai Man built a six seater plane, Names it after Modi