Sources have reported that after weeks of enduring criticism of his mismanagement of the economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi struck back on Wednesday in a speech to company secretaries. It was a typically impressive Modi performance, mingling mythological references with robust defenses of his record in office, re positioning of himself as an "outsider", and, of course, the usual trenchant attacks on the Congress.
Meanwhile the PM's speech had no answer to those with real questions about the economy, including former BJP cabinet ministers such as Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and many senior members of the party and even the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. There was no explanation in his speech as to how the country will overcome a crippling investment deficit.
Moreover this is Modi's greatest failure. After all, the only thing that
his critics and his defenders can agree on is that Modi has worked hard to
change the "narrative" about the Indian economy, with considerable
effect. But a more positive narrative has a purpose: it is meant to induce
private investors to bet on the future of the Indian economy, to put their
money where their mouth is.
Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan Actress Oviya hails from Kerala and she was a reputed actress who has completed more than 30 films in her career span. However, she got name and fame through the reality show Bigg Boss. She has a huge fan base under the name Oviya Army.
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?
- Why Revanth met Rahul Gandhi?? Is he joining Congress??
- TDP keeping muted response!
- Rs.20,000 Crores sanctioned to reconstruct Hyderabad Roads