Sources have reported that after weeks of enduring criticism of his mismanagement of the economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi struck back on Wednesday in a speech to company secretaries. It was a typically impressive Modi performance, mingling mythological references with robust defenses of his record in office, re positioning of himself as an "outsider", and, of course, the usual trenchant attacks on the Congress.
Meanwhile the PM's speech had no answer to those with real questions about the economy, including former BJP cabinet ministers such as Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and many senior members of the party and even the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. There was no explanation in his speech as to how the country will overcome a crippling investment deficit.
Moreover this is Modi's greatest failure. After all, the only thing that
his critics and his defenders can agree on is that Modi has worked hard to
change the "narrative" about the Indian economy, with considerable
effect. But a more positive narrative has a purpose: it is meant to induce
private investors to bet on the future of the Indian economy, to put their
money where their mouth is.
Okay, so the Second Most-watched Video on YouTube in 2017 across the World is... A Kerala Professor Sheril shot to fame overnight with the video song 'Jimmiki Kammal'. She was seen dancing along with her colleagues and other staff. As we are nearing the fag end of 2017, all the social media websites are releasing the content which trended for past 365 days.
- Late Princess Diana's bag been auctioned
- Thieves looted jewelry from Lalitha Jewelry outlet
- YS Jagan completed his 31 days of Praja Sankalpa Yatra
- Andhra University got NAAC 'A' grade but it has to improve to achieve A++ grade" Vice President
- Will Soniya Gandhi play an effective role making way for Rahul Gandhi?
- Only these TWO INDIAN PLAYERS were invited for Kohli's wedding
- Forget Delhi, Even Chennai Air Pollution has now reached Hazardous levels
- SHOCKING: Dangal Girl Zaira molested in Flight - Watch Video!
- Chandrababu Naidu taking steps to strengthen TDP in Telangana
- Who is Revanth reddy's next Target?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail
- GHMC plans to raise money through new way
- Kacheguda earned first energy-efficient 'A1 Category' railway station in India
- Placement started on a very optimistic note this year by Top Recruiters