For past few decades, if we turn back the pages of history we can see that Politics and Cinema have an inseparable bonding. Three Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu are from the film background and even now Captain Vijaykanth floats his own political party.
After the sudden demise of Late CM J.Jayalalitha, things have gone haywire in Tamil Nadu. It all started in June 2017 when GST was imposed on Movie Tickets. Theaters in Tamil Nadu were shut down after a long hiatus and everyone expressed their displeasure.
However, as the Government was strong, theater owners had no other choice other than giving up. But now, the imposition of the 10% local body tax on Tamil films has clearly sent a message that there is a cold war between the politicians and Tamil film actors.
Most of them are even baffled as GST was supposed to do away with complete taxation as Modi's Government says, "One Nation, One Tax". So, why is the imposition of another tax, and why now? A leading actor said as stalwarts of the industry Rajini and Kamal are outspoken against the Government they are trying to intimidate everyone in the industry! Sounds legit to us!
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!