Sources have reported that much before US economist Richard Thaler won Nobel Prize for economics; the Narendra Modi government had put his famous theory in practice by dedicating a separate unit to it. Thaler popularized the idea of 'nudge economics', which emphasizes subtly guiding humans toward beneficial behaviors without forcing them to comply. Thaler's theory was one valuable addition to the field of behavioral economics.
Previously the government's think tank NITI Aayog tied up with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to set up a 'nudge unit' that would work towards bringing about behavioral changes and recommending policy corrections to help make the programs more effective. Furthermore the unit had aimed at sensitizing people at the grassroots towards the government's flagship programs such as Swachh Bharat, Jan Dhan Yojana, Digital India and Skill Development through social messaging and new ad campaigns.
Earlier India had taken a leaf out of Britain's book. Officially known as
the Behavioral Insights Team, the unit was first set up in the UK in 2010 in
the Prime Minister's Office to apply nudge theory to try to improve government
policy and services while minimizing expenditure.
Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside Jharkhand sources have stated that Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has invited opposition flak for driving a scooter without a helmet on Diwali and also traveling minus security cover. Earlier Das celebrated Diwali at his home in Jamshedpur, which is also his assembly constituency
- NTR Atom Bombs will explode next Diwali
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!