New Delhi sources have stated that the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the benefits of the 7th Pay Commission to the teaching faculty of central and state universities, and colleges aided by the government. According to sources Education Minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the Union Cabinet has approved a hike in the payment of 7.58 lakh teachers and other equivalent academic staff.
Meanwhile the revision in the pay scales would be in the range of 22 to 28%. This will enhance the teachers' salary in the range of Rs.10,400 and Rs.49,800. Furthermore the approved pay scales would be applicable from January 1, 2016. Moreover the government said “The annual Central financial liability on account of this measure would be about Rs. 9,800 crore".
Accordingly the decision will benefit the
teaching staff in 106 universities/colleges that are funded by the University
Grants Commission (UGC) and Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Presently the teachers at 329 universities, which are funded by state
governments, and 12,912 government and private aided colleges affiliated to
state public universities would also benefit from the decision.
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!