Chennai sources have stated that after three years, the Tamilnadu State Marketing Corporation Ltd (Tasmac) will be increasing liquor prices across the State. Sources have stated that the increase varies from 10 to 12 (per 180 ml). There will be no increase in beer prices.
Meanwhile a senior government official told “The minutes of the meeting and the order is ready and will be issued any time this week. We are waiting for the final approval to release the order.” He added that this was a routine hike which happened once in three years. Earlier the Tamilnadu government had increased liquor prices in November 2014.
Moreover on an average
Tasmac, the cash-cow of the Tamilnadu government, sells liquor worth about 70
crore a day on weekdays. Further during weekends and festive days, this figure
goes up to 100 crore. Meanwhile when reacting to the proposed increase in
prices, DMK working president M.K. Stalin said the move exposed the
contradiction in the government’s stand. On the one hand, the government had
been saying it would close the Tasmac shops in a phased manner. On the other,
it was hiking the prices.
Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside Jharkhand sources have stated that Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has invited opposition flak for driving a scooter without a helmet on Diwali and also traveling minus security cover. Earlier Das celebrated Diwali at his home in Jamshedpur, which is also his assembly constituency
- NTR Atom Bombs will explode next Diwali
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!