Chennai sources have stated that after three years, the Tamilnadu State Marketing Corporation Ltd (Tasmac) will be increasing liquor prices across the State. Sources have stated that the increase varies from 10 to 12 (per 180 ml). There will be no increase in beer prices.
Meanwhile a senior government official told “The minutes of the meeting and the order is ready and will be issued any time this week. We are waiting for the final approval to release the order.” He added that this was a routine hike which happened once in three years. Earlier the Tamilnadu government had increased liquor prices in November 2014.
Moreover on an average
Tasmac, the cash-cow of the Tamilnadu government, sells liquor worth about 70
crore a day on weekdays. Further during weekends and festive days, this figure
goes up to 100 crore. Meanwhile when reacting to the proposed increase in
prices, DMK working president M.K. Stalin said the move exposed the
contradiction in the government’s stand. On the one hand, the government had
been saying it would close the Tasmac shops in a phased manner. On the other,
it was hiking the prices.
Okay, so the Second Most-watched Video on YouTube in 2017 across the World is... A Kerala Professor Sheril shot to fame overnight with the video song 'Jimmiki Kammal'. She was seen dancing along with her colleagues and other staff. As we are nearing the fag end of 2017, all the social media websites are releasing the content which trended for past 365 days.
- Forget Delhi, Even Chennai Air Pollution has now reached Hazardous levels
- SHOCKING: Dangal Girl Zaira molested in Flight - Watch Video!
- Chandrababu Naidu taking steps to strengthen TDP in Telangana
- Who is Revanth reddy's next Target?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail
- GHMC plans to raise money through new way
- Kacheguda earned first energy-efficient 'A1 Category' railway station in India
- Placement started on a very optimistic note this year by Top Recruiters
- YSRCP spokesperson Roja criticized Pawan for his comments on dynasty Politics
- Why Osmania University postponed Semester Exams?
- What's the new name for Balanagar Metro Railway station?
- LIVE : #GujaratElection - A Force to be reckoned with - Congress / BJP / ?
- Shocking News for those invested in Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies from RBI
- The Deadline to Link Aadhaar with PAN card is extended!