Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House by lighting a Diya amid a gathering of leading members of the Indian American community and said he greatly valued his relationship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Accordingly, Trump’s daughter Ivanka also attended the festivities in the Oval Office. Also present were Federal Communications Commission chairman Ajit Pai, US envoy to the UN Nikki Haley and Administrator of the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid Services Seema Verma.
Moreover, Trump gave an effusive speech recognizing the US ties with India and the contributions of the Indian American community. He said in a message which was posted on his Facebook page that “Today, he was deeply honored to be joined by so many administration officials and leaders of the Indian-American community to celebrate Diwali the Hindu Festival of Lights".
Trump added that "As we do so, we especially remember the people of India, the home of the Hindu faith, who have built the world’s largest democracy. He greatly values his very strong relationship with Prime Minister Modi. Diwali is one of the most important celebrations in the Hindu religion". Diwali is also celebrated by millions of Buddhists, Sikhs, and Jains in America, India and around the world.
Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together? Sources have made a statement that at a time when a full scale Nandamuri-Konidela fan war is on over Nandi awards, the daughters' in laws of both families came together for a cause. Nandamuri Balakrishna's daughter and Chief Minister Chandrababu's 'kodalu' Nara Brahmani and Chiranjeevi's daughter in law Upasana Kamineni jointly promoted blood donation. The bonhomie and joie de vivre among the two young ladies was seen to be believed.
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'