Shanghai sources have reported that Tesla has reached an agreement with Shanghai authorities that would make it the first foreign automaker to build its own plant in China, putting it in the driver's seat in the world's biggest electric-vehicle market.
Sources have stated that the Silicon Valley electric carmaker's wholly-owned manufacturing facility would be built in Shanghai's free-trade zone, the Wall Street Journal said, quoting unnamed sources with knowledge of the deal, and could allow Tesla to dramatically lower the cost of its cars in China.
Sources stated that China usually requires foreign automakers to set up joint ventures with local Chinese partners, which involves splitting profits and giving away some technology, though they also avoid import tariffs. Tesla or the Shanghai government was not immediately available for comment.
According to sources, more than half a million "new-energy" cars were sold in China last year, and the government is targeting sales in the millions in coming years. The Wall Street Journal added that any cars built by Tesla in the free-trade zone would still incur a 25% import tariff.
Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet Bhavana rape case is just taking new turns every now and then. Actor Dileep who was arrested as the prime accused has now been made as 8th accused due to the lack of witnesses. Now, The Special Investigation Team (SIT) has submitted its charge sheet to the Angamaly Magistrate Court.
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Do Revanth want anything from Telangana Government?
- Cisco along with Interpol will fight Cyber Crime
- Mumbai Man built a six seater plane, Names it after Modi
- Tentative Tariff of Hyderabad Metro Rail doing rounds in Social Media
- One Plus 5T Face Unlock, Finger Print Sensor and many features will make you BUY THIS IMMEDIATELY
- After 37 years! A historic moment in Zimbabwe as Robert Mugabe resigns - People rejoice on the streets
- Actor Sasikumar's Manager #ASHOKKUMAR commits suicide due to Financiers torture
- A Woman Arrested for posting bad comments on Facebook against a Judge
- Hyderabad Park Hotel Owner has been accused for Cheating