New Delhi sources have stated that US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi today on his first official visit to South Asia, as the world's two biggest democracies look to deepen economic and strategic ties amid China's growing clout. Meanwhile, Tillerson landed in Delhi last night after a day-trip to Pakistan, which he called an important US ally.
Meanwhile, the visit comes a week after Tillerson made a speech in Washington about the United States wanting to "dramatically deepen" cooperation with India which it sees as a key partner in the face of what he considers to be negative Chinese influence in Asia.
Alice G. Wells, a senior U.S. state department official, wrote in a blog post that "This visit could not come at a more promising time for the U.S.-India partnership, as we celebrate the 70th anniversary of relations between our two countries and look forward to co-hosting the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad next month". What makes his visit even more special is, this is his 'First' visit to South Asia itself.
Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub Bengaluru sources have added that Karnataka has currently signed an agreement with Business France India to collaborate on promoting start-ups in five areas. Karnataka IT Minister of State Priyank Kharge told reporters on the margins of the Bengaluru Tech Summit that "We have identified the five areas of collaboration for promoting start-up ecosystems in both countries”.
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors
- Will KTR share Telangana learning experience with Delhi?
- Patanjali Food Park coming soon to Telengana
- Wake Up People... This is how Restaurants cheat you with old GST rates and make you blame the Government
- A Porn Star is ready to stand against Donald Trump in 2020 Elections