Puducherry sources have stated that the ruling Congress in Puducherry today said it would observe November 8, the first anniversary of demonetization, as 'Black Day' with its allies here. Puducherry PWD Minister and PCC president A Namassivayam said at a press conference here that "The Centre's move to demonetize Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes on November 8 last year had crippled the economy, worsened the unemployment problem and failed to achieve its purpose in the country".
Meanwhile, he said a meeting of the Congress and its allies including the DMK had been convened on October 31 to discuss the various activities to be conducted as part of the protest against the note ban implemented by the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.
Further Namassivayam, who also holds the Local Administration portfolio, said efforts had been launched to curb the spread of dengue by eradicating mosquitoes through multi-pronged measures including fogging operations. He said the government had brought in a ban on display of advertisement materials, banners and cut-outs by political parties, business sector and others in areas which were outside the designated areas.
Hyderabad Air Hostess Harassed - Sexual Abuser falls on feet and apologizes - Watch Video The video of a man in inebriated state falling on the feet of a flight attendant and pleading not to make a complaint is currently going viral on social media and is making rounds. The man, Bharat is seen pleading guilty, while the girl is seen refusing to forgive until he actually touches her feet to apologize.
- Survey says PM Modi's Government is the 3rd most trusted in the World
- Congress says Raids shouldn't be for Political reason
- BJP Minister landed in a controversy
- US Scientists says Big Earthquake is on its way in 2018
- Ivanka Trump's Hyderabad Schedule kept secret due to security reasons
- Andhra inspector caught with illegal assets more than 100 crores! SHOCKING Photos inside
- Do you want to know how Miss World Manushi Chhillar maintained her Beautiful body?
- It's no longer Sonia! Rahul Gandhi is the new President of Congress Party #RahulCrowning
- Study reveals Treated poultry excrement could replace approximately 10% of coal used in electricity generation
- Elaborate Security arrangements made in Hyderabad for GE Summit
- Deepika Padukone's movie postponed as Karni Sena says they would cut her nose!
- Do TTV Dinakaran alleges Political conspiracy behind IT Raids?
- BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released